Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 9)
schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2006, 01:41 PM

That just shows they've authorized the credit limit. but not charged. Looking in this thread, I see no connection to this and shipping.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2006, 02:07 PM

Ordered 2.16, 7200 HD, on Feb 14. Shipped. Est Feb 22 Delivery. Business order.

I just hope it's the correct config when it gets here. I was told by account manager and customer service who called me a day later that it would be 3-4 weeks.
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

Hachimachi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2006, 03:09 PM

My BTO 2.16 shipment notification came last night (well, this morning) just after midnight. I had a 1.83 ordered right after the keynote, but when the 2.16 was announced, I immediately put in a separate order for the 2.16 with 7200 rpm, 100gb drive. I also got a voicemail from an apple representative yesterday afternoon claiming that when I ordered the 2.16, the 'shipping in 1-3 days' thing was a mistake and that it was going to be 3-4 weeks, but I guess they were wrong again.

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2006, 03:21 PM

I just saw this site and figured some of you might like it. Some guy is unpacking his mb pro
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...ew-macbook-pro

Abbas
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2006, 03:49 PM

I have a US address that I can deliver items to but Apple doesnt accept International cards so I pre-ordered from Amazon and their estimated delivery date is mid April! Looks like these books might be a bit short on supply for the next month or two.

-Abbas

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by jimbosyn
Great.. you ordered on the 14th, also a CTO, and yours shipped before mine which I ordered on the 19th of January. I'll bet the 2.16 started a new line and since you placed an order before I called to have my 2.0 changed, you are ahead of me in line. I guess It's good news that a 2.16 has shipped. Was your estimated ship date March 16th like everyone else's? Also, could you post a screen shot of your cto options with the blotted out tracking number?

I'm really getting excited now!!!
When I first placed my order, I was told over the phone that my ship date was going to be Feb. 17, 2006. A day later, I received a call from Apple that there was a glitch in their system and that my order was about 3 - 4 weeks out. They asked if I wanted to cancel and I told them no. I was going to try my luck and see if I can pick a standard config up at an Apple Store and they cancel my order.

Then this morning I get an email stating that my order shipped. I was able to confirm through FedEx that indeed I should be receiving my Powerbook on the 22nd. Timing couldn't be better since I just received my 1GB RAM from Crucial as well.

Shipping Confirmation
( Last edited by ///Milien; Feb 18, 2006 at 06:06 PM. )
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2006, 05:32 PM

Good stuff. ///Milien, please note you may get some mods PMing you to let you know that you're not supposed to post images that size (silly in my book, but just FYI). They have some rule links posted at the top of forums.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2006, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ///Milien
When I first placed my order, I was told over the phone that my ship date was going to be Feb. 17, 2006. A day later, I received a call from Apple that there was a glitch in their system and that my order was about 3 - 4 weeks out. They asked if I wanted to cancel and I told them no. I was going to try my luck and see if I can pick a standard config up at an Apple Store and they cancel my order.

Then this morning I get an email stating that my order shipped. I was able to confirm through FedEx that indeed I should be receiving my Powerbook on the 22nd. Timing couldn't be better since I just received my 1GB RAM from Crucial as well.

wow i am filled with major envy

thats awesome though!!

aneurysm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2006, 11:45 PM

i ordered mine on the 18th of jan; has anyone who ordered on the 18th shipped yet? i'm wondering if that was the cut off date for the second shipment.

-aneurysm

edit- and on that note, does anyone know the dates fedex or whatever fly the products over?
edit2- i'm refering to 2.0 models ordered on the 18th
[FONT=Arial]in an extreme example of the proletarians shouldering the blunders of they're "bush league" boss'- i'm a fed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][i realize how crude my grammar can be, no need to point it out; thank you.][/FONT]

RussGJohnson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 12:21 AM

I ordered my 1.83 right after the keynote and upgraded it on the the 14th. My shipping date was Feb 15 on the 1.83 and changed to Feb 28 after I upgraded. Today I jsut got a CC charge confirmation for the 15.00 expedited 2 day shipping charge. Apple status still shows Not Shipped, but my credit card available balance is 3k lighter. I wonder if it will ship soon?
15" Macbook Pro 2.16, 2GB, 7200rpm HD (on order)
15" Powerbook 1.67, 1GB, HR Screen (looking for a buyer)

venom600
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 05:25 AM

Russ, I got the same confirmation a few hours ago. I checked the Apple page, but it says it is unavailable due to maintenence. Oh well, guess I will find out in the morning.

EDIT: Just got an email that it shipped!
( Last edited by venom600; Feb 19, 2006 at 07:59 AM. )

RickerOne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 10:32 AM

2.0 BTO Shipped!!!!!!!!

RussGJohnson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by venom600
Russ, I got the same confirmation a few hours ago. I checked the Apple page, but it says it is unavailable due to maintenence. Oh well, guess I will find out in the morning.

EDIT: Just got an email that it shipped!

Mine has shipped!!!!!!!!

http://web.mac.com/rgj66/iWeb/Site/Movie.html
15" Macbook Pro 2.16, 2GB, 7200rpm HD (on order)
15" Powerbook 1.67, 1GB, HR Screen (looking for a buyer)

krove
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2006, 11:18 AM

Mine has shipped:
Shipment Date:
FEB 19, 2006

Estimated Delivery:
FEB 23, 2006

Sweet!

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2006, 11:25 AM

Now I'm feeling envious! I hope my only delay comes from the 12 hours it took to get solid responses from my business rep and financing rep before they could enter the 2.16 upgrade. I also hope that they continue to ship these products at the rates it seems they are being shipped, as they will certainly fill a large amount of orders quickly if that is the case.

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2006, 12:25 PM

Geez. I ordered a 1.67GHz with a 7200 rpm drive on Jan 10th at 11:14 A.M. Pacific Time. Of course on Valentine's Day it was bumped to a 1.83GHz. No word yet on shipment.

Edit - Some of you talk about Apple preauthorizing their credit card. How much do they usually take out - a little or the whole thing ?
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2006, 12:40 PM

I'm not sure why you're surprised, Apple specifically stated (as mentioned here) that last week the 2's would start shipping and the 1.83s would start this week.

As for the authorization, they would authorize for the whole thing (lowering credit limit) but not charge until shipment.

cambro
Senior User
Feb 19, 2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by schalliol
I'm not sure why you're surprised, Apple specifically stated (as mentioned here) that last week the 2's would start shipping and the 1.83s would start this week.
Exactly...when supplies are thin, might as well ship the higher margin machine. I'm sure it's not Intel chip availability at lower clock speeds that is the problem.

I can't wait though...I'm ordering a 1.83 MBP, 120 GB as soon as ship time drops down to 1-3 days! (and as long as all you MacNNers who get your MBP before then have nothing but good things to say...

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2006, 03:23 PM

I guess I am not used to Apple having the ability to ship the faster processor model first. All those years of the G4 and G5 have spoiled me into thinking that the low-ends would ship first.
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 03:44 PM

The G4 was designed for Apple. It's different this time! Intel has to deal with all of the other maufacturers that want the Core Duo too. And also, there is no issue with the heat this time. It's really easy to get the 2s and 2.16s cos they are expensive and only a few people can afford to buy them. But the 1.67s and 1.83s are much cheaper and they are the ones everybody wants (iMac 17" and all the entry-level PCs). Not everybody is a geek on this planet.

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by sebaix
Not everybody is a geek on this planet.
But they are on another planet?

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 04:11 PM

I'm just explaining... Hey listen...You know what? I'm one!!! A proof? I spent one entire afternoon installing a Raptor 150 in my new iMac Intel. And know I'm waiting for my MacBook Pro 1.83 (cos I don't have more money to put in it!!!). My 2 x 1GB DDR2-667 Mushkin ($67 each) are ready. And I'm also trying to find an ExpressCard/34 Memory Card reader. Can anyone help???

MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Feb 19, 2006, 04:27 PM

where in the world did you get a 1GB SODIMM for 67 bucks that's PC2-5300?

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2006, 04:32 PM

I'm just explaining... Hey listen...You know what? I'm one!!! A proof? I spent one entire afternoon installing a Raptor 150 in my new iMac Intel. And know I'm waiting for my MacBook Pro 1.83 (cos I don't have more money to put in it!!!). My 2 x 1GB DDR2-667 Mushkin ($67 each) are ready. And I'm also trying to find an ExpressCard/34 Memory Card reader. Can anyone help???
Yes do tell...

sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 04:45 PM

Okay... One month ago, when they just released the iMac Intel, I was looking for the new DDR2-667 SO-DIMM. I went to Crucial but they didn't have any yet. then I found 1GB for $105 somewhere else, I don't remember where. I was about to buy when, after Google-izing for the 100th time, I found the Mushkin at Frysoutpost.com I couldn't believe my eyes and I thought it was an error. So I bought them thinking: "will see! If they tell me the price is wrong, I can still ask em to deliver me for the $67 initially announced (that's he way it works in France); if those are not so-dimm, I'll send em back...". And I got them... and it was exactly what was announced. Sorry, by this time, I didn't know the forum... I should have bought 4 of them. Anyway. Of course, two days after, there weren't any and I've never since such a deal since. Can someone tell me they were like so kind of demos? I mean, I don't know. Mushkin doesn't need to advertise...

EDIT: Mushkin is in Denver, CO by the way!!!

MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Feb 19, 2006, 06:26 PM

Okay... One month ago, when they just released the iMac Intel, I was looking for the new DDR2-667 SO-DIMM. I went to Crucial but they didn't have any yet. then I found 1GB for $105 somewhere else, I don't remember where. I was about to buy when, after Google-izing for the 100th time, I found the Mushkin at Frysoutpost.com I couldn't believe my eyes and I thought it was an error. So I bought them thinking: "will see! If they tell me the price is wrong, I can still ask em to deliver me for the $67 initially announced (that's he way it works in France); if those are not so-dimm, I'll send em back...". And I got them... and it was exactly what was announced. Sorry, by this time, I didn't know the forum... I should have bought 4 of them. Anyway. Of course, two days after, there weren't any and I've never since such a deal since. Can someone tell me they were like so kind of demos? I mean, I don't know. Mushkin doesn't need to advertise...

EDIT: Mushkin is in Denver, CO by the way!!!
see, that's bullshit, cause I ordered two of them too and they ****ing canceled my order after giving me the run-around for like a month. it ended up costing me a hundred bucks. I'm so ****ing pissed at them I'm never ordering a goddamn thing from them ever again.

sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 12:13 AM

Did they really? Oh wait, I'm getting my invoice... I ordered then on Jan 12, 2006. I paid $139.19 for the two of them and the DHL shipping. I'm so sure I was one of the first one to order them and then they figured out that there was something wrong with the price... Did you order the same ones? When? Let me know.

danonamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 12:47 AM

Hey all -
just an update....

While I haven't received the shipment email, the Apple status page says my MB Pro has shipped!
Last month I upped to two-day, so I should have it Wed.

It was ordered at 9:30a on Jan 11. 1.83, now it's a 2.0. 2Gigs of RAM and a 100G 7200 drive.

It appears my ccard was charged this past Friday.

Hope that helps anyone else waiting.

aneurysm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 01:42 AM

so i upgraded my processor and changed the hd to 7200 yesterday [the 19th, i think a day late]. i'm seeing alot of the same configureations shipping. what do you think the chances are on mine shipping soon?

[sorry this is kind of a cross post, i'm sorry, but i would like an answer]
thank you
-aneurysm

edit- the stated shipping date is the 21st.
[FONT=Arial]in an extreme example of the proletarians shouldering the blunders of they're "bush league" boss'- i'm a fed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][i realize how crude my grammar can be, no need to point it out; thank you.][/FONT]

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2006, 01:49 AM

I'm envious of you guys that ordered after me and are getting your's shipped already. I guess they are shipping the higher end first as I ordered the standard 1.67 on Feb 13th which was upgraded to a 1.83 on the 14th with a shipping date of March 14th to Canada.

I knew mine would be shipping in March when I ordered but damn, some of you guys with a BTO are getting yours already.

Maybe I should have ordered with Expedited shipping? Maybe they are sending out the free shipping orders last.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

inkhead
Senior User
Feb 20, 2006, 02:01 AM

If everyone's shipped, how can nobody have one yet? I think it's funny people spend 3grande on a new machine then ship it standard ground and wait for it to get there. I would have done overnight saturday delivery ;-)

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2006, 02:05 AM

Mine departed Anchorage Alaska Friday night at 8:30. That was the last time FedEx updated my tracking information. It says it will be delivered Wednesday morning by 10:30AM. I dunno how it can take that long to get from alaska to indiana (especially when i paid for 2-day shipping)

hmp
Feb 20, 2006, 02:11 AM

Anyone have an idea when the MBPs will show up at retail/Apple stores? Does anyone have an arrival date before Wednesday? Looking forward to your reviews and thoughts once you receive the machine..

damnyooneek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 02:54 AM

went to the store today and they said this week.

jrramsey
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 03:09 AM

Mine was shipped on the 18th from Shanghai and has left Anchorage, Alaska today. Estimated delivery is Feb 22 to California.

aneurysm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 04:38 AM

does anyone know the shipping schedual for apple shipping supplier?
as in when the each fedex jet filled with mbp leave

all my thanks
-aneursm

Marko Karppinen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 11:39 AM

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0953231/L/

Just something to feed your imaginations

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2006, 12:10 PM

Ordered a 1.8 with 7200rpm drive on Feb 6. It showed a ship date of Feb 28. When the speed bump to 2ghz occured, the date got pushed back to March 3rd. My poor wife whom I ordered it for is chomping at the bit.

21tesla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 01:06 PM

For 14 hours, my stock MacBook 2.0 has been sitting in a FedEx facility about 10 km from me. It left Shanghai on Feb 18 at 2:53pm, Anchorage on Feb 18 at 8:48 pm and Memphis on Feb 19 at 4:44 pm.

resisting the urge to click the tracking # link again
21tesla
( Last edited by 21tesla; Feb 20, 2006 at 01:59 PM. )

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2006, 01:08 PM

nice. I'd bet you'll get it tomorrow even if they say it should be wed.

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2006, 01:09 PM

Mine has said it left Anchorage on the 18th and hasn't updated its status since. I dunno why.

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 21tesla
For 14 hours, my stock MacBook 2.0 has been sitting in a FedEx facility about 10 km from me. It left Shanghai on Feb 18 at 2:53pm, Anchorage on Feb 18 at 8:48 pm and Memphis on Feb 19 and 4:44 pm.

resisting the urge to click the tracking # link again
21tesla
Drive and go get it

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tikki
Mine has said it left Anchorage on the 18th and hasn't updated its status since. I dunno why.

That maybe the case for the majority of us who are expecting a delivery date of the 22nd or later. I believe the frieght needs to clear Customs first.
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2006, 01:46 PM

Is FedEx in service today? I don't think the postal service is.

macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2006, 01:59 PM

I just got off the phone with my dad who said he got his 3 macbook's (for work I think) picked up this morning from the Apple Store. He normally orders it from them online.

I asked him what he thought of it. All he said that they were very fast and the screen was beautiful before he boarded his plane. I dont even know where he's off to, but I'll call him later this evening find out more. Lets hope he's taken one with him so that battery life can be figured out

bpd115
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 02:01 PM

Mine also left Alaska on the 18th at about 848PM. Haven't had a status update on shipping yet...

President's Day is a normal work day for Fedex.

I have received items before though where the site still says "Left Ank" etc etc with no further update....we'll see.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2006, 02:03 PM

macboy, that's the first confirmation of an actual receipt of units. Interesting.

Enigmaaron
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 02:07 PM

My tracking just updated:

Feb 20, 2006 7:23 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Feb 19, 2006 8:55 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

Using this article as a guide I'm anxiously hoping it comes tomorrow.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05226/553353.stm

bpd115
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 02:14 PM

Interesting....my stuff usually goes through Indiana as well.....and mine departed Alaska a day before yours...which would hopefully mean that it got to Indiana on the 19th...and into my area today...

Enigmaaron
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bpd115
Interesting....my stuff usually goes through Indiana as well.....and mine departed Alaska a day before yours...which would hopefully mean that it got to Indiana on the 19th...and into my area today...
Yeah, I've noticed a number of people who said theirs left Alaska on the 18th but haven't gotten any updates yet. From my experience the package trackers generally lag far behind the package. I usually get things when the tracker is still saying it is several states away. Here's to hoping we all get ours tomorrow.

Forum Links
Forum Rules