Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > can't open photos in Photoshop CS through drag and drop

can't open photos in Photoshop CS through drag and drop
bbales
Mac Elite
May 12, 2005, 03:13 PM

I did a search, but didn't see this one. Anyone else lost the ability (post-Tiger) to have photoshop (running CS) open photos through drag and drop? In fact, the ONLY way I can open Photoshop files is via the "open" menu item, which is a huge pain. I had formerly set iphoto to open photos in Photoshop, but that has ceased to work.

I'm going to try to reinstall the application. I'm just wondering if others have had the same problem (it didn't seem so) and, if so, how the problem was solved.

ryju
Professional Poster
May 12, 2005, 03:18 PM

This happened to me all the time in Panther. Since the upgrade I think it fixed itself.

Furthermore upgrading to CS2 fixed it as well.

IggyJReilly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2005, 03:39 PM

I usually open files by draggin them to the Photoshop CS icon in the dock. It's a real pain to use the open dialog box and the file browser just doesn't cut it for me.
People will never know how long it takes you to do something. They will only know how well it is done.

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
May 12, 2005, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by IggyJReilly
I usually open files by draggin them to the Photoshop CS icon in the dock. It's a real pain to use the open dialog box and the file browser just doesn't cut it for me.

I did another search and found a whole discussion on this matter. Essentially, it has to do with the new OS. The fix is to reinstall the application, which I just did and now drag and drop works again. So definitely try that.

And you're so right about using the "open" dialogue box being a pain. Sometimes the photo is buried in a world of folders.

Forum Links
Forum Rules