Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Why is it when my 15" al pb screen goes to sleep....

Why is it when my 15" al pb screen goes to sleep....
Sakino
Senior User
Nov 23, 2003, 09:21 PM

Why is it when my 15" al pb screen goes to sleep, and when I touch a key to make it come back on the brightness setting goes to full. I have it set at 2 bars and basically after i wake the screen up it goes to full bars? What the hell.

T9000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2003, 09:47 PM

Just checked mine, it doesn't do that.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 23, 2003, 10:16 PM

Do you have the backlit keyboard? If so, try unchecking the "dim screen automatically" checkbox in the Displays preferences.

tooki

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Nov 24, 2003, 01:50 AM

Originally posted by tooki:
Do you have the backlit keyboard? If so, try unchecking the "dim screen automatically" checkbox in the Displays preferences.

tooki
I also did that, hmm and ran cocktail. I dunno whats up. I sure the hell hope this isnt going to be the 3rd powerbook I have to send back. So far with my 3rd 15" al pb I have a bad battery that is loosing capacity everyday, stuck keyboard, and a couple of other problems.

adamberti
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 05:09 AM

Try resetting the PMU (Not sure how on the new AL PB). It can do wonders for your machine. It managed to make my modem work again just before the man on the phone was going to have me send in my PB for repair.

Forum Links
Forum Rules