Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Buying New Powerbook

Buying New Powerbook
gentryfunk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2005, 03:04 PM

Hello,

Any thoughts about buying a new 15" Powerbook? Does anyone have any information about revisions coming up soon (next couple of months)? I bought a 12" Powerbook about 2 years ago and a revision happened about 3 weeks after I bought...don't want to get skunked again.

TGF
15" MBP, 2.66Ghz, 4 GB RAM
and....17" iMac C2D
and....Mac Classic II (still running well)
and.....a couple of homebuilt game machines and other ancient stuff like OS/2, BeOS, and Windows 2.0!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2005, 03:06 PM

Chances are you won't see a PB revision in the PPC line but just in case, you might want too wait until after the 7th and see what Apple's media event is about.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

pat++
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2005, 04:18 PM

I bet no PowerBook update before Apple Expo in Paris, end of September. This will be (if it does happen) the last speed-bump with PPC chip before a complete new design and new Intel PowerBooks next year.

powermacj7
Forum Regular
Jul 3, 2005, 06:01 PM

I agree. Apple is not likely to change much to warrant not buying one anytime soon. I just purchased a new PB. Unless you plan to wait for the Intel change, then go for it.

maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2005, 08:56 PM

just bought mime 1 week ago, pretty happy now, get it, u will not regret
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Forum Links
Forum Rules