Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Michael Moore's open letter to President Bush

Michael Moore's open letter to President Bush
kido
Forum Regular
Aug 27, 2004, 05:24 PM

Michael Moore will be attending the RNC in New York next week as a columnist for USA Today and he posted an open letter to President Bush on his website. No response from the White House has been received. The link is below.

Michael Moore's open letter to President Bush

Comments?

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2004, 05:27 PM

I would like to see the security people stop him and not allow him in because he is a nation security threat. If you make a horrible movie about the President, you think you will be allowed near him?

Capt.McDuff
Banned
Aug 27, 2004, 05:29 PM

Total ass. I hope he chokes to death.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2004, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Capt.McDuff:
Bush can't even do that right!

BG
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 27, 2004, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by djohnson:

I would like to see the security people stop him and not allow him in because he is a nation security threat. If you make a horrible movie about the President, you think you will be allowed near him?
Maybe he'll choke on 10lbs of shrimp, or the secret service agents will be forced to put him down for foaming and drooling on the carpet.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 05:31 PM

Ouch.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 27, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Ouch.
Yeah, MM is such an embarrassment.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
Bush can't even do that right!

BG
Ahhh, I had a good laugh.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 05:42 PM

Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat.

I guess gay marriage didn't turn out to be the distraction the bush campaign needed after all. Remember, in November, it's all about Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat.

I'm a little bugged that MM has fallen into the trap, but he makes some pretty good points. I'm sure he'll bring readers to USA Todayy as well, where they can learn about Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat, Swiftboat.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 05:45 PM

"Then throw this one at him: "Senator Kerry, over 58,000 brave Americans gave their lives in Vietnam -- but YOU didn't. You only got WOUNDED! What do you have to say for yourself???" Lay that one on him and he won't know what to do."

I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Capt.McDuff
Banned
Aug 27, 2004, 06:17 PM

Kerry's piece of shrapnel is so big that not only is he totally impaired by it but it created a hole in his leg big enough to drive a Swift Boat through

AuPhalanx
Forum Regular
Aug 27, 2004, 06:25 PM

Once again, Michael Moore proves his ignorance and lack of logic. Perhaps one day he'll mature, get an education, and do something meaningful and productive. Until then, we'll be subjected to his fifteen minutes of fame, of which I am hoping only two minutes remain.

Have fun... Tony.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by AuPhalanx:
Once again, Michael Moore proves his ignorance and lack of logic. Perhaps one day he'll mature, get an education, and do something meaningful and productive. Until then, we'll be subjected to his fifteen minutes of fame, of which I am hoping only two minutes remain.

Have fun... Tony.
Well I suspect the sooner Bush is voted out of office the sooner you'll see the end of Michael Moore.

(ps. you signature - the have fun thing - what is it all about?)

AuPhalanx
Forum Regular
Aug 27, 2004, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
Well I suspect the sooner Bush is voted out of office the sooner you'll see the end of Michael Moore.

(ps. you signature - the have fun thing - what is it all about?)
voodoo!

Probably not. Michael Moore does have moments of brilliance in his movies, such as the handling the 9/11 events in "Fahrenheit 911" or just the entire premise of "Roger & Me". I do not think that his career depends on who is in office.

The "Have fun..." thing is my sign-off. It is not said or meant sarcastically. I sincerely mean it. Have fun!

Have fun... Tony.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2004, 06:44 PM

Given the amount of food MM takes in as opposed to GWB, Moore would probably be first to choke and die.
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 06:46 PM

The "Have fun..." thing is my sign-off. It is not said or meant sarcastically. I sincerely mean it. Have fun!

Have fun... Tony.
Thanks! I will

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 06:47 PM

Yeah wouldn't that be really cool if Michael Moore died.

Capt.McDuff
Banned
Aug 27, 2004, 06:56 PM

100 starving people could be fed with what that gluttonous fat ass shoves down his piehole every day.

I heard he's getting his own ZIP code soon.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 07:03 PM

100 starving people could be fed with what that gluttonous fat ass shoves down his piehole every day.

Good point. I think you're winning the debate.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2004, 12:57 AM

Objectively:

Mm is very immature and lacking in the kind of tact that it would take to convince ME to take him seriously.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 07:33 AM

Have fun... Tony.
Sounds like 5 years at least have past...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by CD Hanks:
Given the amount of food MM takes in as opposed to GWB, Moore would probably be first to choke and die.
He looks like an experimented man in the matter. Hard to see how he could fail with such experience!
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 07:36 AM

How many people could be fed if Bush were to sell all his possessions?

How much money have Americans spent for Bush already?

And how about the returns? See any benefits yet?

Edit: I added "Bush" to my text.. Now it makes more sense.
( Last edited by angaq0k; Aug 28, 2004 at 11:37 AM. )

Sven G
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2004, 08:37 AM

Cowards like Clinton felt it was more important to be consistent (he opposed the war, thus he refused to go) than to be patriotic and two-faced.

Not that I'm particularly fond of the president-Clinton (no better than others), but the concept is that those who don't agree with forced war should actively desert, and thus also be ready to defend themselves against the madness that sold-out, mummified politicians would like to impose on them.

Personally, if there should be some thirld world war or similar, I'd rather go to jail (and try to abolish jails, subsequently) than sell myself to the "warlords" (or whatever one might call them)...

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

Busemann
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 10:41 AM

nothing worse than angry people who doesnt know how to be funny

Beewee
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Yeah, MM is such an embarrassment.
Damn, don't you just hate those Americans that speak their mind? We should all just stop thinking for ourselves...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2004, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Beewee:
Damn, don't you just hate those Americans that speak their mind? We should all just stop thinking for ourselves...
Well, if the only thing in his "mind" are the lies he tells, then yeah, he should just STFU.
- Thomas Paine

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Aug 31, 2004, 02:03 AM

Speaking as a liberal, I can say that as crazy as Michael Moore is, he raises good points, needed controversy, and has a right to do so. Listen to the man if you want, don't if you don't. Just do your own research on your candidate instead of basing your beliefs on other peoples opinions. Don't vote for the candidate who would better your life, vote for the candidate who would better the United States, after all they are running for The President of The United States, not the President of Joe Schmoe.
I can't wait until November because I am getting so sick of all this political mudslinging. It's disgusting that candidates have to advertise their opponents weaknesses instead of their own strenghts in order to campaign.
Happy voting!

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Aug 31, 2004, 02:06 AM

Well, if the only thing in his "mind" are the lies he tells, then yeah, he should just STFU.
If that's how you feel about free speech, then maybe you should join the Iraqis. Your candidate lies.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 31, 2004, 02:12 AM

McCain smacked Moore down pretty hard tonight.

pman68
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2004, 07:37 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
McCain smacked Moore down pretty hard tonight.
Yep. He sure did. Anyone ever hear of a Bin Laden??

Anyone??

Anyone care anymore????

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2004, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by pman68:
Yep. He sure did. Anyone ever hear of a Bin Laden??

Anyone??

Anyone care anymore????
Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism. Gobal Terrorism.

Etc.

pman68
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2004, 09:07 AM

Hopefully Bin Laden will put out a tape soon, so BUSH can be REMINDED who he should be going after.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2004, 01:54 PM

Bin Laden has been hiding in a hole - like most terrorists tend to do, lately.

He has as much freedom of movement as anybody else with a $10 million bounty on his head.

I'd say he's been *smacked down* to a substantial degree. Nobody is certain that he's even alive.

I don't think Bin Laden is the primary focus of Dubya's attention.

But, rest assured, Bin Laden's body will surface towards the end of September.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 31, 2004, 02:09 PM

If we found out Bin Laden was hiding and being protected by some country, I bet the Leftie wackos would be against us going in there and invading or bombing the crap out of them.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2004, 02:10 PM

Probably.

But I doubt anybody will ask for the peacenik liberals' opinion beforehand.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2004, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
If we found out Bin Laden was hiding and being protected by some country, I bet the Leftie wackos would be against us going in there and invading or bombing the crap out of them.
Careful what you wish for, it might end up being our new best buddy, Pakistan.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 31, 2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
Careful what you wish for, it might end up being our new best buddy, Pakistan.
I'm well aware of that.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2004, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by angaq0k:

How many NATIONS could be fed if Kerry was to sell all of his posessions?

He is the wealthiest candidate ever.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by TubaMuffins:
Speaking as a liberal, I can say that as crazy as Michael Moore is, he raises good points, needed controversy, and has a right to do so. Listen to the man if you want, don't if you don't. Just do your own research on your candidate instead of basing your beliefs on other peoples opinions. Don't vote for the candidate who would better your life, vote for the candidate who would better the United States, after all they are running for The President of The United States, not the President of Joe Schmoe.
I can't wait until November because I am getting so sick of all this political mudslinging. It's disgusting that candidates have to advertise their opponents weaknesses instead of their own strenghts in order to campaign.
Happy voting!
Please list for me five good points MM has ever made.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2004, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
How many NATIONS could be fed if Kerry was to sell all of his posessions?

He is the wealthiest candidate ever.
Well, technically it's his WIFE that's so wealthy... and I do believe that Perot was quite a bit "fatter in the purse" than even she (he = Billionaire, she = Millionaire).

Edit: THOUGH, the Kerrys are quite a bit wealthier than the Bushes.
- Thomas Paine

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 05:13 PM

Well, technically it's his WIFE that's so wealthy... and I do believe that Perot was quite a bit "fatter in the purse" than even she (he = Billionaire, she = Millionaire).

Edit: THOUGH, the Kerrys are quite a bit wealthier than the Bushes.
You mean he's not a "man of the people?"

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2004, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:
You mean he's not a "man of the people?"

Well, he IS...

If by "of the people" you mean the rich liberal beltway types (aka. Democrat royalty).
- Thomas Paine

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Aug 31, 2004, 05:20 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 12, 2004 at 01:20 PM. )

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 05:21 PM

but but but but but...

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 31, 2004, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
They allowed him in so he could be a focus of their hate. Duh.
False. They had to allow him in, because the lousy, hypocritical newspaper USAtoday gave him a press pass. Duh.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 05:22 PM

He was covering the conventions for USA Today. He had press credentials, that's why he was there.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2004, 05:23 PM

Or the focus of the snack trays...
- Thomas Paine

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2004, 05:29 PM

Well, he IS...

If by "of the people" you mean the rich liberal beltway types (aka. Democrat royalty).
Oh I almost thought you were referring to Bush here.

deej5871
Senior User
Aug 31, 2004, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
How many people could be fed if Michael Moore used all the money made from his movies to feed starving people?

(Yes I know, we already pointed out Kerry is wealthy too, but I thought that since the topic is MM..)
( Last edited by deej5871; Sep 1, 2004 at 06:40 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules