Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Samsung iTODO s-150

Samsung iTODO s-150
STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2001, 04:36 AM

From pdabuzz.com:

"Samsung certainly is doing some interesting things lately, one of these things is the iTODO s-150 Pocket Internet Computer. This Windows CE 3.0 powered device is equipped with a 206MHz StrongARM processor, 64MB RAM, 32MB FlashROM, and a 16-bit 800x480 TFT display. If that wasn't enough, the unit also has a 1500mAh Li-Ion battery, 2 USB ports, a VGA Out port, and measures in at 6.09" x 3.58" x .59" and weighs 8.47 ounces. And finally, and possibly most interesting is that the iTODO has an integrated CDMA2000 1X phone (supporting data speeds up to 144Kbps). Samsung is also listing a few USB peripherals such as an ActiveSync cradle, USB digital camera, and USB GPS receiver. Let's hope this product doesn't go the way of the Linux based Yopy which by most accounts, is DOA."

So what do y'all think? Should we be excited? I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new cell phone, pager, or PDA until the combo units get a little better. Is this a possibility? I don't know what a CDMA2000 1X phone is, but am I right to assume that it's cell phone capability? Let's get some input here...
Apple user since 1987

Walter J. Ferstl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2001, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by STAT:
<STRONG>

From pdabuzz.com:

"Samsung certainly is doing some interesting things lately,
Let's hope this product doesn't go the way of the Linux based Yopy which by most accounts, is DOA."

So what do y'all think? Should we be excited? I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new cell phone, pager, or PDA until the combo units get a little better. Is this a possibility? I don't know what a CDMA2000 1X phone is, but am I right to assume that it's cell phone capability? Let's get some input here...</STRONG>
The Yopy, dead? The pdabuzz.com people obviously missed a thing or two:

www.gmate.com

Somewhere else on the gmate site, it says:
"Commercial YOPY PDAs to begin shipping next month

G.Mate today announced plans to begin shipments of the commercial version of its Linux-based YOPY PDA by the end of next month. The device will be demonstrated at G.Mate's COMDEX booth (Convention Center L5823 D-7; Nov. 12-16). YOPY YDK-1000 development kits have been supplied to developers in over 35 countries, according to the G.Mate announcement, since the kits became available earlier this year. A LinuxDevices.com device profile describing the YOPY PDA is available. (Oct. 26, 2001.)"

See also
www.yopy.com

Another URL regarding Linux-based PDAs in general:

The Linux-PDA and PDA-Linux Quick Reference Guide

Regards,

Walter.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Walter J. Ferstl ]

STAT  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2001, 03:42 PM

Yeah, but I want a new combo PDA/cell phone. Any new options out there...?
Apple user since 1987

Walter J. Ferstl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2001, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by STAT:
<STRONG>Yeah, but I want a new combo PDA/cell phone. Any new options out there...?</STRONG>
So what about one of the new Treo PDAs by Handspring?
http://www.handspring.com/

Regards,

Walter.

Mac@GWU
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 11:06 PM

I have a Samsung i300. Great PDA, except the screen is 256 colors and the interface serial. You can sync with the buggy Palm Desktop for Mac, but you need to buy a Palm Connect USB kit for $30.00.

Otherwise, it is an awesome phone and PDA. The phone is actually more reliable than the Motorola Timeport P8767 it replaced.

ps

Forum Links
Forum Rules