Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sleep mode problems

Sleep mode problems
raviruddarraju
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2002, 08:47 AM

I've been having these new problems with sleep. When I push down the cover, it does go to sleep mode. But keeps getting off and into sleep mode with hand movements. this never happened before. And, I noticed this several times. And, sometimes hardware is locking out the entire system when it comes out of sleep. I guess my iBook is getting old. I use very rigorously. Anyone else there with these problems?
- Ravi

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2002, 08:50 AM

Good thing you told us which iBook you have and which OS you're running
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

olli2
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2002, 09:54 AM

A reason for the possible change from my IBM X20 subnotebook to an iBook is the ad that says that sleep mode is top notch on apple systems.

On my IBM, I always had problems with standby, usually third party hardware (like the mini pci network card made by 3com) causing the freeze or the sluggish recover time from standby.

I am really sad to see you also have problems with standby.

raviruddarraju  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2002, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by D'Espice:
Good thing you told us which iBook you have and which OS you're running
I bought this they released iBook last year, so its version 1 (after OS X). And, I am running 10.2.2. I've been seeing this problem for a while since 2-3 months. I doubt whether its an OS problem because once iBook goes to sleep only way it should wake should be via hardware signal (or interrupt)...IMO. The way I close it is making a big difference in causing problems.
- Ravi

Forum Links
Forum Rules