Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Can't print through samba after 10.2.6

Can't print through samba after 10.2.6
Gametes
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2003, 02:04 PM

I have an Epson conected to a Windows XP machine. A few months ago, I installed the gimp drivers and set up the printer, and it worked perfectly. I've been printing there ever since.
Recently it stopped working from all the Macs. However, I also upgraded all the Macs to 10.2.6

Has anybody had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Could it be 10.2.6 or something else?
you are not your signature

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2003, 02:14 PM

what is the problem you are having? i send a job to the printer and it goes through but nothing happens.

i have never had this problem before, it used to work but now... nothing.

very annoying

mark9939
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2003, 02:56 PM

I could never get my printers/Macs to work with Samba. Since you're using XP, have you tried IP printing? Much easier, search for it on macosxhints.com and you'll find an article about it.
MBP 1.83 GHz CD/iPod 30GB

Davidarm
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2003, 04:43 PM

10.2.6 is the problem - solution here:

http://www.macwindows.com/jaguar.html#033103

Worked for me.

Originally posted by Gametes:
I have an Epson conected to a Windows XP machine. A few months ago, I installed the gimp drivers and set up the printer, and it worked perfectly. I've been printing there ever since.
Recently it stopped working from all the Macs. However, I also upgraded all the Macs to 10.2.6

Has anybody had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Could it be 10.2.6 or something else?

Forum Links
Forum Rules