Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > warping seam

warping seam
tvbi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2004, 11:49 PM

anyone else has this problem on their 12" powerbook?

SnakeEyes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2004, 12:30 AM

same damn problem on a brand new 15". Makes a nice little "squishy" noice when I push down on it. Also have a warped lid. Guess I shouldnt expect a perfect product for 3500 bux.....

jeffdunning
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2004, 01:58 AM

yes, I have the same problem onmy new 15". Talked to my Apple reseller and he said they will replace the bottom case. He said that it will take a couple of days. So when I have a chance I will take it in. Do you think its worth it. Is there a chance that it will come back with other defects. What are some of your experiences?

Graymalkin
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 04:23 AM

I've got a little spot like that on my Rev. A 12" and a slightly warped lid. Although some people figure it is an inalienable right to have flawless products the simple fact is metal warps as its temperature changes. While I'm not exactly happy about the warped lid a replacement would warp just as quickly as the original lid. The aluminum Powerbooks have seen more warpage than the titanium ones because of aluminum's thermal properties. It absorbs and transmits heat better than titanium and isn't quite as strong so it warps much easier.

Calamity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2004, 05:15 PM

Yup, my Rev. B 12" has that. Doesn't really bug me. I never notice it unless I actually look for it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules