Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Free Cases Have Begun Shipping!

Free Cases Have Begun Shipping!
tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2010, 01:10 PM

Just got an email from Apple informing me that my free Griffin Motif 4 case has shipped via DHL, and is scheduled to arrive by August 10!

zacharace
Aug 3, 2010, 01:58 PM

Nice! Somehow my friend already got his free Bumper in the mail a few days ago...

-Q-
Aug 3, 2010, 04:31 PM

I got my bumper Saturday, but a friend at work that ordered around the same time I did hasn't yet. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they're shipped.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2010, 12:13 AM

Apple must have had a lapse if judgment when they allowed non Apple brands in the program.

-Q-
Aug 4, 2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Apple must have had a lapse if judgment when they allowed non Apple brands in the program.
How so?

mrtew
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2010, 09:47 AM

They sure seem to have a lapse of judgment by offering free cases two months ago and selling 15 million iPhones and letting 15 million people walk around with bare unprotected glass and steel for two months waiting while they're dropping their iPhones in concrete parking garages and breaking the glass and having to pay another $250 freaking dollars for a new sheet of glass.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
They sure seem to have a lapse of judgment by offering free cases two months ago and selling 15 million iPhones and letting 15 million people walk around with bare unprotected glass and steel for two months waiting while they're dropping their iPhones in concrete parking garages and breaking the glass and having to pay another $250 freaking dollars for a new sheet of glass.
That is not the purpose of the cases.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
That is not the purpose of the cases.
That's true but I would have bought one by now if Apple hadn't taken my order for a free one and then it wouldn't have broken. Waaaaahhhhh Apple is to blame, not me.

-Q-
Aug 28, 2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
Waaaaahhhhh Apple is to blame, not me.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2010, 10:25 AM

I've got my Reveal Etch now and I like it, it covers the top and side buttons and the carbon fibre textured back is a nice effect. A mate got the Speck case with the black tartan pattern on the back. The back is a piece of woven fabric, and its fraying and coming away in a few places, and the side and top buttons aren't covered.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 12:42 PM

I got the incase case in smoke color and I'm happy with it. Other than the hard plastic case I got for my ipod mini years ago I've never used an ipod/iphone case before.

Pros: adds very little bulk, ports and buttons are all easily accessible, nice look and feel.
Cons: no longer fits in my iphone dock, phone doesn't slide in and out of pocket as easily, slightly harder to raise volume without looking at the buttons, no protection for the front, creases are starting to trap dust.

Is the promotion over yet? If anyone is still deciding on a case I'd be happy to post pics or answer specific questions.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

-Q-
Sep 1, 2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
Is the promotion over yet? If anyone is still deciding on a case I'd be happy to post pics or answer specific questions.
The offer goes until 9/30, so people still have a bit of time to decide on what case they want.

Big-J-Dubb
Sep 16, 2010, 11:20 PM

i just got my speck black tartan case just the other day and i have to say its very nice and feels and looks good just like my 3gs iphone case from in-case soft touch slider black so im happy and apple has taken care of me again as always great service :-)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2010, 11:27 PM

I got my Speck black pixel case from Apple too and I'm very happy. It looks and feels great and makes my iPhone feel much safer. It's like half way between rubber and plastic. I'd definitely recommend it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules