Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Printers for PB (bronze) & OS9 ?

Printers for PB (bronze) & OS9 ?
maven12
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2000, 01:42 AM

I see lots of comments about HP and Epson printers, but will the HP 970cse, for example, work with the PowerBook USB? I've never used USB, so I'm not familiar with it and with the A/B cord that's involved.

Any advice?

Balthisar
Mar 16, 2000, 12:42 AM

I use a HP 970Cse with my Bronze Powerbook and iMac. Both work flawlessy for my uses. I you have a PowerBook, could I assume you also have a desktop Mac or even a Windoze box? If so, don't use USB - the HP Print Server is a bit pricey, but gives you 10baseT speeds and allows sharing between all your Macs and even Windoze PCs with the 970 (this is how I'm setup now, and it also allows my old, non-USB PowerMac 6400 to use the printer).

Forum Links
Forum Rules