Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Pro 13" - Vitamin Water Spill

Macbook Pro 13" - Vitamin Water Spill
brotherbenji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2011, 01:44 PM

Hey guys,

After going up to 7/11 and getting home i chucked my vitamin water on my bed and must have not have screwed up the lid properly. After a while i realized my bed was soaking in vitamin water probably a quarter of the bottle... my macbook was on the bed as well and some how managed to get wet in this terrible disaster.

Luckily there wasn't any water on the keyboard nor did it spill into the crack where the screen connects (like a lot of other liquid spill cases on the net). A lot of vitamin water got in to the CD drive and the little whole beside the drive. I tilted it on it side and quite a bit of vitamin water came out. I haven't turn my macbook on as i think it had already run out of battery when i opened it and accidently clicked the touch pad nothing happened (i'm pretty sure it was out of battery).

It's now left side down on the ground about a meter away from my room heater - a safe distance away anyway. Where to from now guys? my plan is to try unscrew the back tomorrow (as its 3:30am) and try dry up the remaining residue with a cotton bud carefully. Does anyone know the affects if it leaked in to the CD drive - will it affect the main hardware (logicboard)? I am not going to turn it on for at least 5 days while i keep seeking advice and the plan is to put it in a bag of rice..

Tell me your thoughts guys - in this desperate time

Thanks to all that can guide me in the right direction!

PS - i have read nearly everything on spilt liquid on macbook pros on the internet yet none of the cases seem the same as mine as my keyboard and screen werent touched by the vitamin water..

Regards

OreoCookie
May 24, 2011, 02:08 PM

Please use the sticky thread for discussion. Closing … 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules