Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple Watch: Who's getting one?

Apple Watch: Who's getting one? (Page 10)
Thread Tools
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2015, 03:44 PM
 
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2015, 05:15 PM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Haha. no.
*yawn* You're pitifully predictable.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2015, 05:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
*yawn* You're pitifully predictable.
On a Mac forum no less. Holy shit, who'd have guessed there are iOS fans here?



I hate Android. It's a shitty platform to write for, a shitty platform to use. I got into iOS because it defied everything that I was fighting against years ago, and now people still love waiting 8 months for their updates while their phones become more and more obsolete.

But yeah, keep defending it.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2015, 07:10 PM
 
Does anyone here play keyboard with one? How does it react?

I'd find it really annoying if it kept lighting up while playing - apart from the battery concerns.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2015, 11:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
On a Mac forum no less. Holy shit, who'd have guessed there are iOS fans here?



I hate Android. It's a shitty platform to write for, a shitty platform to use. I got into iOS because it defied everything that I was fighting against years ago, and now people still love waiting 8 months for their updates while their phones become more and more obsolete.

But yeah, keep defending it.
A lot of people on MacNN are Mac and iOS users without being mindless drones, try it some time.

That's the fault of carriers, much more often than not, but you keep on with your misguided nerd rage. As for it being a shitty platform, I think you just don't know WTF you're doing.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:08 AM
 
This is possibly the best video review of the AppleWatch i've seen yet. (not because of the opinion/conclusion, but because of the content of the review itself)

Dave Lee's Apple Watch review(YouTube)

Cheers
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:17 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
A lot of people on MacNN are Mac and iOS users without being mindless drones, try it some time.
Oh I see. So just because I'm on a Mac forum and don't like Android, I'm automatically a 'drone'. How is it being narrow-minded? Five apps on the GP store, three devices I bought myself and I'm a 'mindless drone'. Try again, please.

That's the fault of carriers, much more often than not, but you keep on with your misguided nerd rage. As for it being a shitty platform, I think you just don't know WTF you're doing.
You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you? It's the carriers and the device manufactures. Please pull your head out of your ass. It took eight months to get KitKat on my SGS5.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:40 AM
 
Can you two idiots stop shitting your egos all over the thread and just take it to private messages, please?

This isn't a Star Wars thread. It also isn't a teenagers' platform war battleground (there's the 1990s for that, and if you insist, the Ars Battlefront).
People are actually here to hear new and interesting things about the Apple Watch, not your childhood traumata.
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 02:48 AM
 
Egos? Really? Someone comes into a Mac forum claiming that Android is the best and iOS people are "mindless drones"?

Sounds like a pure, 100% troll to me.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 03:50 AM
 
Starman, are you fourteen, or just really new to this internet thing?

Here's what happened:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Google doesn't have access to Apple's media hype machine.
Originally Posted by starman View Post
But...but...Android is better!
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
In a lot of ways, but that has ****-all to do with anything.
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Haha. no.
And it went to shit from there. You were trolling, so was he, and whatever points anybody may have been making in here since then - I can't hear them over the sound of your foreskins flapping.

Knock it off already. It's annoying.

[Edit: "knocking it off". Heh. I see what I did there]
( Last edited by Spheric Harlot; Apr 30, 2015 at 04:30 AM. )
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 03:51 AM
 
Does anyone here play keyboard with one? How does it react?

I'd find it really annoying if it kept lighting up while playing - apart from the battery concerns.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 07:18 AM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Egos? Really? Someone comes into a Mac forum claiming that Android is the best and iOS people are "mindless drones"?

Sounds like a pure, 100% troll to me.
I didn't say Android "is the best", moron. I said it's better "in a lot of ways" (thus meaning in some ways it isn't), but you're too ignorant to understand the difference.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 07:28 AM
 
Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
And it went to shit from there. You were trolling, so was he, and whatever points anybody may have been making in here since then - I can't hear them over the sound of your foreskins flapping.

Knock it off already. It's annoying.

[Edit: "knocking it off". Heh. I see what I did there]
I wasn't trying to troll, anything that Apple releases is surrounded by hype, how else could they make people giddy with excitement over owning a thing they've never worn before (ie. a wristwatch), or sell millions of $500+ tablets to people who fiddle with it a couple times and almost never use it again (I know a lot of those), and then they buy another. It's why I love their stock, the media laps up anything and everything they do, no matter how impractical it may seem for most. My antagonist is just pissed off over me saying that Android has many redeeming qualities (it does), rational people wouldn't care about that statement, but then, who ever said he is?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Phileas
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 09:14 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
sell millions of $500+ tablets to people who fiddle with it a couple times and almost never use it again (I know a lot of those), and then they buy another. I
It's nonsense quotes like this that get you into trouble. The plural of "anecdote" isn't "data".
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 09:19 AM
 
Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
I can't hear them over the sound of your foreskins flapping.
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 11:02 AM
 
Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Starman, are you fourteen, or just really new to this internet thing?

Here's what happened:





And it went to shit from there. You were trolling, so was he, and whatever points anybody may have been making in here since then - I can't hear them over the sound of your foreskins flapping.

Knock it off already. It's annoying.

[Edit: "knocking it off". Heh. I see what I did there]
Thanks, Dad

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 11:29 AM
 
Does anyone here play keyboard with one? How does it react?

I'd find it really annoying if it kept lighting up while playing - apart from the battery concerns.
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:05 PM
 
I don't have a foreskin. Nor a point to make.
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:08 PM
 
I am cut as well. Just thought you should all know that.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I don't have a foreskin. Nor a point to make.
I was going to avoid derailing the thread with this point, but speaking of two US citizens, spheric likely erred in his assumption.

The penalty for that error is circumcision.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:19 PM
 
Does anyone play keyboard with their foreskin? How does it react?

I'd find it really annoying if it kept lighting up.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 12:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Does anyone play keyboard with their foreskin? How does it react?

I'd find it really annoying if it kept lighting up.
     
MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 01:08 PM
 
Dick Tracey Watch takes on a different meaning.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 03:02 PM
 
Went and checked out the Watch yesterday in snooty North Dallas. I heard the following exchange between a rich-looking white lady and an Apple employee:

Lady: So the band I want with the steel watch is $900?
Apple Employee: Correct.
Lady: What about the gold watch?
Apple Employee: That starts at $10,000.
Lady: HA HA HA HA HA.......oh my God, are you serious?
Apple Employee: Yes, ma'am, it's 18-karat gold.
Lady: That's ridiculous. Honey, get over here! This watch is $10,000.
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2015, 08:39 PM
 
This Thread certainly took a turn for the happy. Mission accomplished.


(And yes, I'd momentarily forgotten that Americans tend to be circumcised.)
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 07:29 AM
 
Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
It's nonsense quotes like this that get you into trouble. The plural of "anecdote" isn't "data".
How cute. If you're denying that this happens, on the regular, then you're deeply deluded.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 07:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
I am cut as well. Just thought you should all know that.
Me too, and I had it done as an adult. That was a damned miserable month.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Went and checked out the Watch yesterday in snooty North Dallas. I heard the following exchange between a rich-looking white lady and an Apple employee:

Lady: So the band I want with the steel watch is $900?
Apple Employee: Correct.
Lady: What about the gold watch?
Apple Employee: That starts at $10,000.
Lady: HA HA HA HA HA.......oh my God, are you serious?
Apple Employee: Yes, ma'am, it's 18-karat gold.
Lady: That's ridiculous. Honey, get over here! This watch is $10,000.
Woman discovers that gold is expensive, priceless.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 08:05 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
How cute. If you're denying that this happens, on the regular, then you're deeply deluded.
That people buy a product they end up not using and then go and buy a newer version of the same product?

Not in my retail experience. (To be fair, that ended about three years ago, when iPad wasn't that old yet.)
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 08:18 AM
 
It appears to be a phenomenon that seems almost unique to the iPad, people buy them, use them infrequently, then upgrade it when a new model comes out. I don't understand it, I guess they want to love the things and believe they're going to use them more often, but ultimately it ends up sitting on the coffee table, unused.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 08:20 AM
 
I see this happen quite a bit with NON-iPad tablets, but not with iPad.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 09:42 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Me too, and I had it done as an adult. That was a damned miserable month.
I was expecting misery, but it was surprisingly not bad in my experience.

Painkillers did what they were supposed to. The real drag was "keeping it elevated", which meant staying on your back the whole time.

Stand up... blood firehose.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 10:01 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
It appears to be a phenomenon that seems almost unique to the iPad, people buy them, use them infrequently, then upgrade it when a new model comes out. I don't understand it, I guess they want to love the things and believe they're going to use them more often, but ultimately it ends up sitting on the coffee table, unused.
I've sorta done that.

I've bought one from every previous gen so far.

My 1G got tons of use. Getting the 2G was a no brainer.

Problem was, I realized it was getting so much use because my 1G iPhone had no reception, and sat on my desk all day. Once I picked up an iPhone 4, the iPhone very quickly became my main axe.

3G iPad was retina, couldn't resist that, but it was a total dog*.

With 3.5G iPad, the processor finally matched the screen, and I had an iPhone a with lightning connector at this point, so I took one for the team. Felt totally rolled by Apple.

By now, the phone had ascended to "primary computer" status, and the iPad only got a couple of hours a use a night while eating and winding down... I still bought an Air, because tinier and lighter.

The Air 2 is the first one I've balked on, but everybody says the Air 1 is a dog compared to it, so I'm still fighting the temptation.


OTOH, I've bought every iPhone since the 4 at launch. No regrets whatsoever. As I said, it's absolutely my main computer.


*And the one iPad someone didn't get as a "gift" when I upgraded. What a piece of trash.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 10:07 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I was expecting misery, but it was surprisingly not bad in my experience.

Painkillers did what they were supposed to. The real drag was "keeping it elevated", which meant staying on your back the whole time.

Stand up... blood firehose.
Alright, I'm out of proper reaction gifts for these posts.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 10:10 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Alright, I'm out of proper reaction gifts for these posts.
If you were around, you'd react something like this...

     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 10:19 AM
 
What is that from?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2015, 10:25 AM
 
Evil Dead 2.
     
MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2015, 09:44 AM
 
Did anyone get Apple Care for their watch? Currently debating adding it.
     
Phileas
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2015, 10:51 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
How cute. If you're denying that this happens, on the regular, then you're deeply deluded.
Show me the data. Until then, it's an anecdote.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2015, 11:23 PM
 
The fact no one has done a study on it (thank god they haven't wasted money on that silly sh*t), doesn't mean it isn't happening. In fact, we even have someone in this very thread who did it. The lure of shiny new toys from Apple is strong, whether we actually have a need for them or not.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2015, 11:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The fact no one has done a study on it (thank god they haven't wasted money on that silly sh*t), doesn't mean it isn't happening. In fact, we even have someone in this very thread who did it. The lure of shiny new toys from Apple is strong, whether we actually have a need for them or not.
And I'm someone who didn't do it, so I've negated your Anecdotal Evidenceā„¢ and we're back where we started.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 12:05 AM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
And I'm someone who didn't do it, so I've negated your Anecdotal Evidenceā„¢ and we're back where we started.
Since I didn't say everyone does it, I'm trying to figure WTF you point is.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 02:36 AM
 
From the evidence in this thread, it happens extremely rarely, while on the regular, people are using their iPads a lot and upgrading to a new device that gets used equally often.

Furthermore, while subego is the only one in this thread who buys as you claim many do, on the regular, he can do so mainly because he's writing them off as business expenses, which certainly doesn't apply to private users.

I don't see it happening, and you're not supporting your point very well, at all.
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 02:56 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Since I didn't say everyone does it, I'm trying to figure WTF you point is.
Since you're using anecdotal information as pure data, I'm wondering what your point is.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 06:55 AM
 
Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
From the evidence in this thread, it happens extremely rarely, while on the regular, people are using their iPads a lot and upgrading to a new device that gets used equally often.

Furthermore, while subego is the only one in this thread who buys as you claim many do, on the regular, he can do so mainly because he's writing them off as business expenses, which certainly doesn't apply to private users.

I don't see it happening, and you're not supporting your point very well, at all.
I know 6 people, from my circle of friends (not a huge circle) who do this, so not quite that rare. If pressed they admit it's because they want to be seen owning an Apple product. (Much like people buying Apple watches when they've never worn a watch before, just to be seen with it.)

Originally Posted by starman View Post
Since you're using anecdotal information as pure data, I'm wondering what your point is.
That some people buy Apple products just because they're trendy and look cool.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Phileas
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 08:30 AM
 
So rather than about an absolute truth, or "millions", we're talking about a personal observation based on a sample size of six. Good thing that's cleared up.

Also, my watch shipped yesterday. Will probably make it here by the end of the week.
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 11:00 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I know 6 people, from my circle of friends (not a huge circle) who do this, so not quite that rare. If pressed they admit it's because they want to be seen owning an Apple product. (Much like people buying Apple watches when they've never worn a watch before, just to be seen with it.)
I think this happens with regularity only in an income bracket where the utility of a purchase is nearly irrelevant.

None of my acquaintances/friends/colleagues who use Apple products (and there are dozens) use them to be seen with them. They're the most useful and effective tools for the job.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 11:40 AM
 
To clarify, I've had 5 of the 6 iPad models.

I consider three to have been solid buys (1, 2, 3.5)

One was a total dog (3).

The remaining two were either an unneeded luxury (Air), or not purchased (Air 2).
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 11:50 AM
 
Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
Did anyone get Apple Care for their watch? Currently debating adding it.
Yes - thought it would be good insurance, considering it's a new product and not exactly cheap.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 11:52 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
To clarify, I've had 5 of the 6 iPad models.

I consider three to have been solid buys (1, 2, 3.5)

One was a total dog (3).

The remaining two were either an unneeded luxury (Air), or not purchased (Air 2).
I had a couple of android tablets. So glad I have an Air 2 now.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
Phileas
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2015, 11:53 AM
 
I got 1,2,3 and the Air.

1 got given away, 2 is still in daily use as a kitchen/kids/garden/music and podcast ipad, 3 is at work controlling a camera rig, Air is my personal iPad. I've got no intention buying the Air 2, don't see any need for it.

There's also a couple of Android tablets, for testing purposes mainly.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,