Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sherlock channels missing for multiple users?

Sherlock channels missing for multiple users?
driven
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2002, 12:02 AM

This is something that I just noticed ... perhaps it has been like this forever I do not know.

I have an iMac here with OS 9.2.2 on it. (Upgraded from 9.0.4) It is set up for multiple users.

Now: When launching Sherlock 2, the main user has 8 sherlock channels. However all other users (even brand new ones right after I create them) only have 3 channels.

Is this normal?

If not ... how do I get the remaining Sherlock channels to appear for the other users?

Thanks ....

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2002, 10:09 AM

I check to see what I have set up at my library tomorrow. I've never noticed this before, but no one has complained either.

{added}In the user that has all the Sherlock channels, find "Sherlock Folder" in the Preferences folder. Copy folder to the user without all the channels in their Preferences, replacing their "Sherlock Folder". I don't know if this will work, but it won't hurt to try.
( Last edited by PorscheBunny; Dec 29, 2002 at 10:22 AM. )
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

driven  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2002, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by PorscheBunny:
I check to see what I have set up at my library tomorrow. I've never noticed this before, but no one has complained either.

{added}In the user that has all the Sherlock channels, find "Sherlock Folder" in the Preferences folder. Copy folder to the user without all the channels in their Preferences, replacing their "Sherlock Folder". I don't know if this will work, but it won't hurt to try.
I will go and give this a try in a few minutes. I'm on the Dell laptop at the moment .... be back in a few.

driven  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2002, 04:14 PM

Ok ... that didn't fix it. Same thing.

Thoughts?
BTW: If I delete the Sherlock Preferences folder it gets re-created with the same 3 channels. (With the other ones all missing).

driven  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2002, 04:22 PM

Ok, I found the fix ... and boy do I feel stupid now.

In case anyone is wondering:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=31154

Thanks again.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 03:06 AM

Yep, my computers were like that too. No one had complained, and I had never logged in as User, other than just to make sure it worked.

Thanks for bringing it up.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

driven  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2002, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by PorscheBunny:
Yep, my computers were like that too. No one had complained, and I had never logged in as User, other than just to make sure it worked.

Thanks for bringing it up.
No problem.
In all honesty, this was a bit of a selfish reason. That one is my wifes/daughters computer, so I'm the one who has to log in as User. DOH!

Forum Links
Forum Rules