Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12": Autosensing Network Port?

12": Autosensing Network Port?
Epicurus
Apr 15, 2003, 12:57 PM

I remember the Ti 15" network port could autosense if there was another computer connected via Cat5 and in-turn make the port a crossover. Does the new 12" and/or 17" have this feature?

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2003, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Epicurus:
I remember the Ti 15" network port could autosense if there was another computer connected via Cat5 and in-turn make the port a crossover. Does the new 12" and/or 17" have this feature?
i wouldnt see why the new PB's wouldnt have this feature. its like its downgrading if they didnt have this feature built-in.
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

Toyin
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2003, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Epicurus:
I've done this with my 12" PB. Kind of cool, I was exchanging files with someone and set up my 12" PB as an airport base station. Transfer was going slowly, so I plugged in an ethernet cable and it used that over the airport. No new configuration required.
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

Forum Links
Forum Rules