Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Multiprocessor modem users needed (test fix).

Multiprocessor modem users needed (test fix). (Page 5)
gooz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2001, 06:25 PM

to sebuchon: I am aware of the fact that one must specifically click the "disconnect" button BEFORE quitting the remote access app. However, there are occassions, which have been posted here and elsewhere, whereby the "connect" button doesn't repond, or even after clicking "disconnect" and going offline into "idle," the internet access app. redials out anyway. I stand by my report that in the midst of quitting Internet Connect AFTER clicking the "disconnect" button, it redialed out unbeknowst to me; and that I was unaware of such reactivation is primarily due to the fact that the IC dock icon doesn't activate properly, AND there is no modem sound to otherwise alert the unwary. ' Nough said.

To bemayo: It appears to me that the 264 disconnects are definitely related to heavy online activity. With only one browser open, + a mail app, but no downloading, I am generally able to stay online now without getting 26foured.
As to your 2nd querie, I have noticied on Apple's forum page a lot more people suddenly reporting connection/disconnect problems on a variety of hardware other than just DP's.

Despite these glitches I just want to say that I am otherwise excited with OSX's potential. She's a lovely gal with whom I can't yet fall head over heels with because she's still quite schizoid as far as I am concerned. ; )
"It may seem impossible to imagine that a technologically advanced civilization could choose, in essence, to destroy itself, but that is what we are now in the process of doing."

Polymorphia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by zos:
While Apple still hasn't ever admitted there was a problem even now at least they're taking secretive steps to fix it.

I'll post back if it doesn't fix things.[/B]
I must disagree. Apple support has told me this is a known issue and they are working on it. I guess I can only go by my own experience.

------------------
450_DP "Gigabit Ethernet"
128+128+256 RAM
X.0.1 (Build 4L13)
(over 9.1 on 1 partition)
FW Update 4.1.8

/p
128+128+256 RAM
X.0.3 (over 9.1 on 1 partition)
FW Update 4.1.8

/p

Polymorphia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 01:21 AM

Originally posted by gooz:
This is ridiculous when the modem self-dials while in the midst of taking a snooze, but How am I to know When there is No Modem Sound and the IC icon doesn't show reactivation, even after I have supposedly quit it?!?! Go figure!

happy trails...[/B]
There is a string for this at Mac OS X Usage: http://discussions.info.apple.com/We...dzA^[email protected] . I've contributed to it. When it happenned to me my computer wasn't asleep and so was able to catch it and shut down. IT DIALED ON IT"S OWN. I "disconnect"ed and it kept redialing time and time again. It even disconnected me from the phone at the time. This is a real issue folks. I don't have unlimmited usage so this is a $$$ problem! Please respond there too.

/p

------------------
128+128+256 RAM
X.0.1 (Build 4L13)
FW Update 4.1.8

/p

[This message has been edited by Polymorphia (edited 05-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Polymorphia (edited 05-04-2001).]
128+128+256 RAM
FW Update 4.1.8

/p

gooz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 08:34 AM

IT Did IT Again! Woke up my silicon crystal ball this morning and clicked on unactivated Internet Connect dock icon only to discover that my modem had self-dialed online -- Again, this was after I had quit IE, and then clicked "disconnect" button of Internet Connect (hell, I even checked "force quit" ), AND still the little bugger dialed out while putting it to sleep!

Thank doG my dial-up is unlimited (unless I'm in for a surprise if this keeps up).

Polymorphia: Thanks for backing me up here; I'll be checking out that Apple thread next.
"It may seem impossible to imagine that a technologically advanced civilization could choose, in essence, to destroy itself, but that is what we are now in the process of doing."

Paul Bissell
May 4, 2001, 09:11 AM

Just my update.
G4 450 DP
512 RAM

Had ALL the problems noted on this great thread since 10.0.0.
Did the Louis patch (is that like Cabbage Patch?) and that fixed the Kernel Panics. Still, mucho mucho 264 errors.
Downloaded (via 9.1) the 10.0.2 upgrade. Still no more Panics and now I can stay on for a 30minutes to an hour before getting the 264 error. Much improved. - Ha, I JUST got disconnected after an hour right before I hit the SUBMIT button below.
Thanks to all and looking forward to a permanent solution (other than me getting DSL!) Thanks again.

Gary Callon
May 4, 2001, 05:45 PM

I have been following this thread for the past couple of weeks. I am a 500DP user and was severely bitten by the kernal panic bug, crashes, freezes and PPP disconects. I even lost all my Monitor resolutions except for 480X600 (talk about large icons...) The 10.0.1 update seemed to acutally make matter worse. I eventually backed up my 9.1 folder, completely zeroed-out the HD (that took awhile on a 40gig HD) and reinstalled a brand new 9.1. Over the next few days I rebuilt the drive with most of the third party app's and the the system ran rock solid and fast....while patiently waiting for Apple to tweak the useless OS X.

I did not reinstall OS X until I saw the 1.3 software update, the 10.0.1 build and, then, the 10.0.2 build all together on the Apple Support Downloads site. At the same time I started seeing comments about the kernal panics and the 264's being much less of a problem. I bit, and installed OS X and the subsequent updates at one sitting. Note that I downloaded the updates in 9.1 and then dragged the *.dmg's to the new and unused OS X desktop after rebooting in OS X. The installs worked quickly and smoothly - which had not been the case in earlier attempts to install 1.3 and 10.0.1.

Following in the installs I immediately updated to the latest G4 Firmware, tweaked some 9.1 control panels due to the PRAM reset, and rebooted in OS X. To my surprise, the system has been faster, smoother, more stable and NO kernal panics. I have only had one 264 since then, which I believe was acutally caused by our friends up in Seattle when IE went buggy and hung while attempting to load a page (not an unusual event even when working in the Windoze environment. There have been no disconnects and hanging by PPP while disconnecting. Bottom line, the OS seems much improved. But, I guess there had to be a few good things in a 15MB update. ;-p

Could it be the firmware update also helped to stabilze the system? I was concerned that by running the update that I ran the risk of having my 128MB of 'extra' RAM disabled by the the DIMM analyzer in the new Firmware (even though the additional 128MB had been 'factory' installed) - but all 384 MB of the RAM passed the test. Also, Apple appears to be a very vague regarding the Firmware update. The language about 'looking for a Firmware update on the OS X CD" and how you will be 'prompted' if you need to update your Firmware seemed a little unclear and fuzzy to me. First of all, there was no "Firmware update" on my OS X CD, and secondly, the OS X installer never hinted I needed to update the Firmware during my first doomed attempt to install and run OS X. However, when I downloaded and ran the G4 Firmware installer, it was apparent my G4 needed the update. Otherwise the Firware installer would have recognized that the computer was up to date and would have not installed.

Does any of this make sense? Or is it just dumb luck or a fluke that will dissapear in the dispair of unceasing panic attacks?

Now the test will come with attempts to install other "Made for Mac OS X" applications. Lord have mercy.

Now, if only the Finder was just a little more zippy.... ;-)

Polymorphia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 11:00 PM

Great news Gary! I I'm surprised you don't get (but the one) 264s. Are you on a single processor? While connection times much improved for me, I still get a lot of 264s.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the FW fuzziness. I didn't install FW at first because it wasn't on the disks. (A Moderator over at the Apple boards said I needed one.) But the install instructions had said "if" on disks, install FW update. That would leave you to believe that if not there, none needed. SOMEWHERE I vaguely remember seeing a "check Apple's Web site for FW update for your model." But it was pretty obscure. I think Apple must want us to check FW update page on their Web site, but didn't make it plain enough, for you and I at least.

I'm glad it's all working for you! Despite the 264s I'm thrilled myself.

------------------
128+128+256 RAM
X.0.2 (Build 4P12)
FW Update 4.1.8

/p
128+128+256 RAM
FW Update 4.1.8

/p

Richyfp
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2001, 08:17 AM

For me, I think that the 10.0.2 update has solved the problem completely. As of writing, I have been online for over 1 hour 20 minutes (I admit that I never installed Louis' patch, even though I did experience the problem).

I have had a look at the verion number of the AppleSCCSerial and IOSerialFamily Kexts and found the following:

Mac OS X build no. 4K78 4L13 4P12
SCCSerial version no. 1.0.8b2 1.0.8b2 1.0.8b4
IOSerialFamily version no. 1.0.4 1.0.5 1.0.5

Just though that this might be of interest.

Richyfp
PM G4 DP 500 MHz, 768 Mb, DVD-ROM, 85 Gb, Mac OS X 10.3.9
PB G4 1.25 GHz, 512 Mb, DVD-R, 80 Gb, Mac OS X 10.4

bigbird 07
May 6, 2001, 09:39 AM

My experience with 10.0.2 has been positive but the 264's are still an annoyance. Better than before but not gone. I still have major problems trying to download. At least it's usable for browsing now. I'm wondering if any one has had disconnect problems before updating to OSX. I've had problems ever since I got my G4 450 MP (gigabit). Before this machine I had a PowerTower Pro 250 (upgraded to G3 400) with a USR Sportster 56k modem which never disconnected, I could use it all day with out problems. I've read that some modems are more sensitive to line noise than others and think this is probably the case as I have changed nothing else in my setup. (granted the whole computer and modem is a pretty big change) The phone line and ISP are the same. Any thoughts? How about USB modems?

G4 450 MP (gigibit)
512 megs of ram
2906 scsi card
FW update 4.1.8

[This message has been edited by bigbird 07 (edited 05-06-2001).]

biberfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2001, 10:07 AM

Just a note:
10.0.2 should NOT have solved your 264 problems on Dual Processor Machines. It gets better, possibly, but it doesn't fix the core issue. If you take the time to call Apple, they'll tell you this themselves. They haven't advertised it on their website, but I was told, point blank, they have not yet fixed the issue and the 10.0.2 does NOT fix it. "You'll have to wait sir. Keep updated by checking out our site."
creative products on
the web - biberfan.com

juray
May 7, 2001, 08:45 AM

I haven't read anyone specifically talk about this but this is more worrysome to me than the 264 errors...I'm having major disappointments online because I'm now getting a 17k rate!!!! Before I installed OSX I was always getting at least a 44k connection speed...Anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks for all the work guys...This site has really got me up and running with OSX...If I could just kick my modem in high gear...DP 450Mhz, 256MB, Apple Internal 56K, etc...

Thanks,
Jamie

Skooks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2001, 09:33 PM

Until Apple comes up with the fix for G4 DP machines using the internal modem ... I have definitely found the solution. I have done like others and disabled one of the processors by entering the appropriate Terminal commands.
Ever since doing this my G4/450 DP with Mac OS X 10.0.2 has operated flawlessly! I mean ... flawlessly!
I was online for 5 hours and 47 minutes during the busiest load time this afternoon, and I downloaded 2 programs that were 3.5MB each ... and I disconnected on my own.
I am now online again ... and it has been one hour exactly ... and I downloaded OmniWeb 4.0 (which if you don't have it, you just ain't got it!) and it just keeps going with no 264 Errors!
I don't feel any speed bump with most programs running with a single processor ... perhaps a little with Photoshop 6, but not much.
If you don't know the Terminal code ... go to the 4th page in this thread and look for it ... someone has spelled it out for us ... and even given us the code to turn it back on. I suggest you go to Utilities when you accomplish the Terminal work and call up CPU Monitor so that you can verify that you are running on a single processor.
I am a happy camper now! Now, Apple should fix this DP modem bit, but until they do, you can download with delight!
--Skooks
Semper fi ...
Mac Marines

DP User
May 7, 2001, 10:11 PM

How do I determine my current modem connect speed?

Joel Hakam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2001, 12:41 AM

Originally posted by DP User:
How do I determine my current modem connect speed?
Go to www.cnet.com and look down the right hand side of the web page. There you will see that they have a test for line speed. I would run the test about three times to get a good idea just how fast your connection is. It works by down loading a 100 byte file.

Joel

Andreas Schwerkolt
May 8, 2001, 07:26 AM

Originally posted by biberfan:
Just a note:
10.0.2 should NOT have solved your 264 problems on Dual Processor Machines. It gets better, possibly, but it doesn't fix the core issue. If you take the time to call Apple, they'll tell you this themselves. They haven't advertised it on their website, but I was told, point blank, they have not yet fixed the issue and the 10.0.2 does NOT fix it. "You'll have to wait sir. Keep updated by checking out our site."
".....you'll have to wait" That's great! You have paid money for it, remember?
An angry Mac-Victim
Andreas

Andreas Schwerkolt
May 8, 2001, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Skooks:
Until Apple comes up with the fix for G4 DP machines using the internal modem ... I have definitely found the solution. I have done like others and disabled one of the processors by entering the appropriate Terminal commands.
Ever since doing this my G4/450 DP with Mac OS X 10.0.2 has operated flawlessly! I mean ... flawlessly!
I was online for 5 hours and 47 minutes during the busiest load time this afternoon, and I downloaded 2 programs that were 3.5MB each ... and I disconnected on my own.
I am now online again ... and it has been one hour exactly ... and I downloaded OmniWeb 4.0 (which if you don't have it, you just ain't got it!) and it just keeps going with no 264 Errors!
I don't feel any speed bump with most programs running with a single processor ... perhaps a little with Photoshop 6, but not much.
If you don't know the Terminal code ... go to the 4th page in this thread and look for it ... someone has spelled it out for us ... and even given us the code to turn it back on. I suggest you go to Utilities when you accomplish the Terminal work and call up CPU Monitor so that you can verify that you are running on a single processor.
I am a happy camper now! Now, Apple should fix this DP modem bit, but until they do, you can download with delight!
Gratulations! But it is ridiculous to disable hardware you have paid for!
Well, I can understand you, but Apple: Keep your customers satisfied, remember?
Andreas

flaphead00
May 8, 2001, 06:38 PM

i agree with the mad person, i dont even feel like resorting to disabling a processor. i paid for this supposidly osx ready machine you know? i guess i cant complain too much since they included os9 with it and all.

i was wondering, for those who already have two apple computers like me. i have an iBook and recently found a program called surfdoubler on download.com which lets you share a ppp account over a network. i cant get osx to recognize my ibook running os9 (and im not sure if it is supposed to recognise it) but it if works, is it possible to run this program on the ibook in os9, and then connect the two with say a crossover cable and then have osx connect via dhcp to the ibook? basically use the ibook's modem.. hell, sounds like too much trouble but why go and disable a processor?

tell me if this makes any sense at all.. thanks in advance

James Morse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2001, 07:32 PM

Tried to disable one processor.

Got into open firmware ok.

Typed "NVRAM"
(return)
typed "reset-all"
(return)

Immediately it restarted into 9.1. Once I let it boot up, and once I shut down before it did.

Waited 20 seconds, and booted into Open Firmware
typed "setenv boot-args cpus=1"
(return)
typed "mac-boot"
(return)

It was still using both processors.

Help!

James

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2001, 08:09 PM

I just disabled one processor...

First, I gotta say that I didn't loose that much speed. So far I haven't been able to notice a difference. However, I suspect that background tasks like ripping mp3s are slower; probably couldn't do it at 11x anymore. Responsiveness is exactly the same as with two processors. Hmmm, i'm sure this has implications for our theories on where OS X needs optimization most.

My DP450 no longer has a severe 264-disconnect problem. Chalk another one up for the viability of this temporary solution. So far, i've haven't been disconnected in around 4 hours of online time.

I wonder if this will fix any other annoying bugs. Perhaps I'll be able to non-force-quit OmniWeb for once.

darrin

bigbird 07
May 8, 2001, 08:56 PM

I must say I find disabling one of the processors a poor solution at best! The main reason I bought a MP machine was for OS X. If you don't take a speed hit after disabling a processor, how much good does it really do anyway : ( I guess I'll have to try it, I sure am tired of all the disconnects.

G4 450 MP (gigabit)
512 megs of ram

bigbird 07
May 8, 2001, 10:50 PM

James

if you look closely you'll see it says type reset-NVRAM not just NVRAM. Open firmware should have given you an error message.

Hope this helps

bob

lgerbarg  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2001, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by James Morse:
Tried to disable one processor.

Got into open firmware ok.

Typed "NVRAM"
(return)
typed "reset-all"
(return)

Immediately it restarted into 9.1. Once I let it boot up, and once I shut down before it did.

Waited 20 seconds, and booted into Open Firmware
typed "setenv boot-args cpus=1"
(return)
typed "mac-boot"
(return)

It was still using both processors.

Help!

James
Setting cpus to 1 does not disable the CPU. The second CPU is always inactive during OpenFirmware. cpus is a hint to the OS to only use one CPU. It may very well be the OS 9 ignores this...

For those who are interested:
Code:
if (PE_parse_boot_arg("cpus", &wncpu)) { if (!((wncpu > 0) && (wncpu < NCPUS))) wncpu = NCPUS; } else wncpu = NCPUS;
Is early in the OS X put sequence. PE_parse_boot_arg("cpus", &wncpu) reads the firmware (not exactly correct, but good enough) to see if cpus has been set, and if it has been it sets the internal kernel variable to that number, the reset is sanity checking.

Louis

------------------
Louis Gerbarg
Darwin Developer
Louis Gerbarg
Darwin Developer
These are my views, and not the views of my employer.

MozartQ3A
May 9, 2001, 08:42 AM

tell me if this makes any sense at all..

It makes perfect sense. What you are doing is setting up a soft router on the iBook. If you allow clients to connect to your iBook over TCP/IP, you should be able to network to it via AppleTalk from your OS X machine. This is unnecessary for the soft router setup as it does not involve Apple's file sharing. So, if you want to invest the $50 for SurfDoubler and $10 for a crossover cable, that would solve your 264 problems as OS X would connect to the net over a LAN rather than via PPP.

biberfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2001, 04:42 PM

Just for the record--
I'd agree with everyone here who questions the sanity of disabling your second processor. In another discussion list (I believe Apple's) I posed the same question to another user. But what is OS X 'good for' now? Web? eMail? Writing a text document? That's about it for me... Cut out the Internet stuff, and it's pretty much a nice screensaver. I could live without the apps for now, the quirky other little problems, but cut out the Internet and the OS has become pretty obsolete. So, instead of suffering Kernel panics (10.0.0, KL5, Kl7) and frequent disconnects (264s in 10.0.2) I disabled the processor.

Unlike the reader above, I did notice a speed difference. Dramatic, no, but it was slower. I didn't put 4 Quicktimes at once to test, but someone might try.

After the 10.0.2 install via OS9 (the one-processor trick is NOT fullproof) I could no longer connect with the button, and when I finally did as a ROOT user, I still got 264 errors.

I see two choices: disable a processor and breathe easier, or erase X from your drive, if you depend on Internet and a modem.

I'm surfin' happy now with X completely gone. I'll save the CD as a souvenir, or maybe it will do me good sometime in July.
creative products on
the web - biberfan.com

bigbird 07
May 9, 2001, 09:08 PM

Add me to the list, I'm now down one processor and haven't been disconnected yet. I've downloaded an 11 meg file and the complete 10.0.3 15 meg file without problem. It feels a little slower but not much. I guess I'll try installing OS 9.1 and some apps and experiment with classic. Jeez, I bought a MP machine for X and find out it really doesn't make much difference. Oh btw, I'm getting fewer disconnects than I do in OS 9.1 now, that's strange... I thought it was the modem but perhaps not

Bob

bigbird 07
May 9, 2001, 09:18 PM

damn!

[This message has been edited by bigbird 07 (edited 05-10-2001).]

bigbird 07
May 9, 2001, 09:51 PM

sorry

bigbird 07
May 9, 2001, 09:59 PM

SORRY, it didn't seem to be working and I kept trying

Prophet
May 10, 2001, 12:29 AM

Greetings all,

I've just gotten home from college and now I have to deal with using a modem after surfing the Net on a LAN for 3 months. Consequently, (since I have a 533 DP), I've run into the problem where I click on Connect and I just get a "Contacting PPP Server..." message.

The thing is, I'm running 10.0.2. Most of the people in this thread have said that they could at least CONNECT by running 10.0.2. I can't even do that...

I have yet to try out Louis's patch, so I'm about to go do that. Still... if what I am hearing is true, 10.0.2 implements Louis's fixes. Correct?

Any ideas for me? I have all my PPP options turned off except for Use Verbose logging and Use TCP Header Compression.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

James Morse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2001, 11:48 AM

Bob

"if you look closely you'll see it says type reset-NVRAM not just NVRAM. Open firmware should have given you an error message."

Yup, I mistyped the message, I was using the "reset-NVRAM".

Thanks for paying attention.

James

James Morse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2001, 11:51 AM

I updated to 10.0.3, and was on over an hour.

Anyone else think 10.0.3 is better?

James

Gary Callon
May 10, 2001, 12:58 PM

RE: Dual Processor Problems. G4 500 DP, 384MB RAM, etc, etc...
OK, here is the latest. If you recall. I completely zeroed my HD, updated the G4 firmware (you need to look for it in the Apple Support Downloads website.), and reinstalled 9.1, X, 1.3 software update, and the most recent OS X builds. This was on an unpartitioned HD. There was a noticeable improvement in stability, no kernal panics, but still 264's and certain 'slowness' to overall performance.

Since then, I have partitioned the HD. I now have 9.1 on a partition, and OS X on the other partition. I downloaded and installed the new 10.0.3 build yesterday. There are no third party app's on the OS X partition, yet. Just running AppleWorks 6.1.2. I booted up yesterday afternoon in OS X. I was online with the still buggy IE 5.1, logging on and off via TCP/IP (NO hang ups or freezes), downloading files, running AppleWorks...and just generally giving the OS a shake down. By 10pm I was actually smiling. Absolutely rock solid, no glitches, no force quits, no panic attacks, not even a 264. Plus,the system is running much faster... and with BOTH 500Mhz processors just hummimng away. (I started using the "CPU monitor" panel on the Desktop to watch the processors in action.) What a change in performance and reliability!

Now, yes, it is not convenient to have to reboot into 9.1 on the number one partition for 'everyday' work and use. But, I now intend to keep these two sibling rivals completely separate and apart and only install what I consider very compatible app's on the OS X partition as they become available. Might try iTunes and/or Tranquility tonight.

While just the fact that the interfacing of the "Classic" and OS X systems running on top of each other even works at all is a tribute to Apple's engineering team. But, it is just too unstable and glitchy for everyday, end user use. I am convinced that configuration / platform of running both OS' together is the source of many, many problems. For now I am just glad to be able to use and learn this elegant new OS.

G.

edddeduck
Mac Elite
May 10, 2001, 01:49 PM

Nice will try this......

Hey Gary why don't you register???

------------------
450DP/448MB/80GB/Rage/Zip250/ZipCD/Epson740

I Took The Red Pill

Skooks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2001, 11:16 PM

Does anyone know how to make a G4 DP stay in single processor mode after switching over to OS 9 from OS X and then back to OS X?
I can switch to single processor OK ... and as long as I stay in OS X, it will stay in single processor mode. But, when I boot up into OS 9 for awhile, and then re-boot into OS X, both processors are enabled ... it happens every time!
--Skooks
Semper fi ...
Mac Marines

andkai
May 24, 2001, 07:31 PM

just thought i'd mention i'm having the same problems. i haven't even been able to connect in x yet over a dial-up. at college i had it up and running on our network, but now this made-for-internet os seems to be rather missing the point. everytime i get rejected on "authenticating user" with a 264 error.
dp 450
448 mb ram
46.1 7200 ibm
20 5400 maxtor

sungwoo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2001, 08:19 AM

I still got 264 error with 10.0.3 even though my wallstreet powerbook has ONE brain.
This 264 sh*t never end for me.
Anyone have a same problem with me?

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2001, 10:12 AM

Yep, consistantly 264ing here as well.

Apple is still selling the worst home internet OS on the planet! :-(
Maybe someday they'll realize that the majority of home users are still on modems!

(here's hoping that 10.0.5 (or the next update) fixes the problem!)

darrin

sungwoo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2001, 10:28 AM

> Maybe someday they'll realize that the majority of home users are still on modems!

True, true.
Further, they MUST already realised it otherwise why they still sales Powerbooks with 56k internal modem...
I can't think a *nix box without internet.
I really hope the 10.0.5 updater can solve this 264 b*llsh*t error.

Forum Links
Forum Rules