Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > HD upgrades for Ti Book

HD upgrades for Ti Book
justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2001, 02:39 AM

I'm finally feeling the squeeze on the 10GB drive in my Ti book and am thinking about replacing it with something beefier.

Can someone fill me in on the specs for the Ti Book HD? I'd guess 9.5mm, 40-pin ATA 66. That sound right? Don't want to order something and have it not work/fit.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

jfdonahue
Nov 5, 2001, 09:33 AM

I just replaced my 10 gig with an IBM TravelStar 30 Gig GN. It works great. It is a 9.5 mm and fit just fine. Nice and quiet.

yap_brian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 04:33 PM

yeah, i also upgraded my 10gb drive to the travelstar 30gb. for some reason, though, my drive is kind a noisy when it's reading. any idea why?

<hasta la pasta>
Nov 5, 2001, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by justinkim:
<STRONG>I'm finally feeling the squeeze on the 10GB drive in my Ti book and am thinking about replacing it with something beefier.

Can someone fill me in on the specs for the Ti Book HD? I'd guess 9.5mm, 40-pin ATA 66. That sound right? Don't want to order something and have it not work/fit.

Thanks in advance!

Justin</STRONG>
justin -- re which drives will work with your Ti book, you may find these links useful. this first is for which -- the second for how.
http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drived....drivedb.lasso
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/powerbook...d_upgrade.html

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2001, 05:57 AM

Originally posted by yap_brian:
<STRONG>yeah, i also upgraded my 10gb drive to the travelstar 30gb. for some reason, though, my drive is kind a noisy when it's reading. any idea why?</STRONG>
I, too, upgraded my Ti 10GB to the Travelstar 30GN (seems like a trend).

yap_brian, did you make sure to get the GN drive? The old 30 GB drive was quite noisy. The GN is nothing near "noisy". Even in the quiet solitude of night (that should be a song), I only hear a faint and not too unpleasant clinkety-clink when the heads access the drive.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Forum Links
Forum Rules