Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wallstreet owner in trouble

Wallstreet owner in trouble
ender2002
Senior User
Aug 5, 2001, 05:54 PM

Ever since the powerbook wallstreet came out, I loved it. I got one for Christmas and have used it for the past couple years until it fell apart. I got new ram yet there were some major hardware problems and right now I am looking for parts and for the lowest prices. If anyone can find any of the following parts, it would be greatly apprecitated.

-keyboard
-logic board
-sound board (power board)

PowerBook
- 233 Mhz G3
- 12.1" screen
- 2 gigabyte HD
- 1998 (Wallstreet) Model

romeosc
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2001, 06:22 PM

Try lowendmac.com or macnn classified

acadian
Senior User
Aug 5, 2001, 07:35 PM

Powerbooks parts is the way to go.

click here

Step Creativity
people ruin everything....

Sturat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2001, 04:00 PM

Well, I just got my Wallstreet 300 back from Apple. I had them replace the keyboard, sound card (power port), PCI cage, both hinges and the entire lower case for $420.00. When I dropped it off they said that Apple will replace almost everything for the flat fee (except display). I basically have a new computer. Trust me I was limping along until the power port broke loose. This was welll worth it! You can shop for parts but remember that they did all this and in less than a week! I love this machine and have given it HARD use for almost 3 years. I'm going for at least one more! Good Luck!

The RAT

-Q-
Aug 6, 2001, 05:07 PM

A friend just got his Wallstreet back from PowerBook parts and is very pleased with the job they did. He had the hinge problem and they repaired that along with some motherboard work. Not sure what he paid tho'...

But if Apple does all that work for a flat fee, it may be worth checking them out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules