Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > new iMacs will be a HUGE success, BECAUSE...

new iMacs will be a HUGE success, BECAUSE...
NeoMac
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2001, 01:12 PM

new iMacs will be a HUGE success, BECAUSE...

Chicks are going to love them

Tree huggers are going to love them

They're going to sell like mad for Easter store displays

You're going to see them in every perfume (women's) shop from here to the moon...

and let's not even get into the whole rastefarian, alternative life culture scene...

and on and on...

[This message has been edited by NeoMac (edited 02-22-2001).]
"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

Death2Windows
Feb 22, 2001, 01:16 PM

I believe you are right. I think that these new Macs will bring in alot of new users.

mrtaber
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2001, 01:22 PM

I went into work today with my head hanging...I was imagining the razzing I was going to take over the new 'Barbie's Dream Computer.' (I work in a hardcore Windows shop).

Imagine, to my surprise, the positive reaction to those machines here at work--mainly women and parents...the women really loved 'em, and so did their children. Actually, quite a few of the men liked 'em too. And they're kinda growing on me.

However, the proof is in the pudding. Will they sell? Only time will tell.

TiBook 667MHz/512Mb/30Gb/DVD
Macs for work and play; Windows for...work and play. Oh. Never mind. Whatever.

NeoMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2001, 01:38 PM

Personally, I will reserve judgement until I see them in person.

Although the specs are not outstanding, the look sure is. There is a significant market that could care less about hard core specs. They just want a computer they can live with and the iMac is it.

Like I said, they'll do well.
"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

spindler
Feb 22, 2001, 10:10 PM

Remember, one of Apple's main markets is education. This is where many get their first exposure to Macs. Apple is a lot more likely to sell a Mac to a teenager that uses one in school then the random person in the street. If Flower Power and Blue Dalmatian can appeal just to a decent percentage of teenage girls (I think their psychadelic rather than feminine) this could translate to a good number of sales. The iMac, with it's 15 inch screen, is on it's last legs anyway. There's no point in still having the four or five previous colors for the small number of units they have been selling. This gimmick might sell another half million iMacs.

iMight
Feb 22, 2001, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by mrtaber:
I went into work today with my head hanging...I was imagining the razzing I was going to take over the new 'Barbie's Dream Computer.'
LOL!

austeros
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2001, 01:08 PM

all i care about is seeing them sell. if they do well, hopefully apple will push some better tech in the imacs (like the geforce 2mx or the radion) and we will see some good (low price) macs.

i still think when osx comes out, apple could maket a touch screen imac to retirees and childern. aquas big buttons, and fluid motion might just be a winner
-rok

There's someone in my head but its not me...

OddManOut
Feb 23, 2001, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by austeros:
all i care about is seeing them sell. if they do well, hopefully apple will push some better tech in the imacs (like the geforce 2mx or the radion) and we will see some good (low price) macs.
-rok
If they'll do well Apple will have no reason to better them

Forum Links
Forum Rules