Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > lost license, no response from Delicious

lost license, no response from Delicious
-LD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2007, 11:58 AM

I have requested FOUR times over the past several months for Delicious to send me my license key. I re-installed my Mac and in the process lost my license. Their website says to email their lost license address, which I have...FOUR times. I haven't even gotten so much as an automated response.

I spent way too much money on a mediocre, though pretty, piece of software. I expect a little support, especially since they have an outlined process.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should keep track of my license. I thought I had when I did the re-install but I was wrong. Point being, they have a process in place yet they don't respond to emails. I have also sent emails to the help@ address with no response whatsoever.

Any suggestions from anyone on how a paying customer can get their attention?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2007, 04:43 AM

Dunno. That's really weird, because anyone can tell you, we really try to answer all email within 24 hours, 48 at the most. Why don't you email me at my personal account and I will take care of it personally.

[email protected]

hmurchison2001
Senior User
Jun 13, 2007, 11:26 PM

How about handling your business in a more respectful and private manner. Frankly none of us gives a shat about your license enough to actually want to see you complaining and wasting bits. Perhaps you should learn some etiquette and people would be more likely to respond to you.
http://hmurchison.blogspot.com/ highly opinionated ramblings free of charge :)

Feynman
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2007, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by -LD View Post
I have requested FOUR times over the past several months for Delicious to send me my license key. I re-installed my Mac and in the process lost my license. Their website says to email their lost license address, which I have...FOUR times. I haven't even gotten so much as an automated response.

I spent way too much money on a mediocre, though pretty, piece of software. I expect a little support, especially since they have an outlined process.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should keep track of my license. I thought I had when I did the re-install but I was wrong. Point being, they have a process in place yet they don't respond to emails. I have also sent emails to the help@ address with no response whatsoever.

Any suggestions from anyone on how a paying customer can get their attention?
Brilliant way to communicate with the programmers/company, really that's a very mature way to approach them LD.

Mike, or Wil, or whoever at DM that's reading this, I say leave him in the dust. Do you really want that kind of customer?

LD Try approaching Apple about a "lost" license with that same attitude and see how far you get.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2007, 11:44 AM

Honestly, it's OK.

A lot of times what happens is someone is writing to a virtual account, such as lostlicense@, not expecting that all support email is answered by delicious@ so it will get swept up by their spam filter.

So, they keep asking, we keep responding, but never the twain shall meet.

I can certainly understand how frustrating it would be to feel like you are being ignored and how, in light of that, you might forget that we're actually real people with feelings and lash out.

That's why, in general, no matter how rude or nasty a support request is, I never take offense until the next letter.

...or LD is just a troll. I haven't gotten that email. I figure I'll leave this up until after WWDC then delete it.

-Mike

hmurchison2001
Senior User
Jun 14, 2007, 02:12 PM

I've done support before and I know customer get frustrated but it's prudent to just contact the source and handle your business privately. What posting a private matter to a public forum does is attempt to curry favor with others and cast the vendor as a nemesis. I hope LD is taken care of but a bit more judicious use of etiquette and respect will go a long ways. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 14, 2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by hmurchison2001 View Post
How about handling your business in a more respectful and private manner. Frankly none of us gives a shat about your license enough to actually want to see you complaining and wasting bits. Perhaps you should learn some etiquette and people would be more likely to respond to you.
Except, in this case, he did get a response. And, much quicker than he did handling it in a more private manner.

hmurchison2001
Senior User
Jun 14, 2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Except, in this case, he did get a response. And, much quicker than he did handling it in a more private manner.
The first part of your statement is fact. That last part is a fabrication as neither you nor I know if he would have received a quicker response by posting publically or simply private messaging the Delicious Monster poster. So the only factual statement you have made here is "he got a response"

Which doesn't invalidate "any" of my comments or statements. Regards.

maximage
Jun 15, 2007, 05:27 AM

To add to this, I had a prob where Apple kindly deleted all my emails from my .mac account so I lost my emails I had saved with serials. I contacted the guys at DL and got a response VERY quick, within 12 odd hours for memory. Was MORE than happy with the speed, in fact very impressed, so I suspect the poster may very well have an issue with a SPAM filter or somthing of the sort. I think part of the cool factor with this software is that despite being quite popular they have retained the personal touch on things and actually DO give a crap.

Forum Links
Forum Rules