Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > DL and ChronoSync ... ?

DL and ChronoSync ... ?
bpnkrtn
Nov 15, 2007, 02:15 PM

Howdy. FIRST ... I quized the DL library folks about having one license of DL on 2 computers ... OK, as long as they really are mine and mine alone. With that, the simple question is has anyone used ChronoSync to sync DL on 2 Macs? I will probably try it as I really need to sync my work documents between home and work computers anyway. Thanks.

Mac OS X Software | ChronoSync | Portraits & Prints | ImageCaster | DayChaser | Econ Technologies

Damn ... I just previewed the post before posting ... the above link sure looks different than what I cut and paste????

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2007, 01:42 PM

I'd be interested in seeing if ChronoSync will work as well.

bpnkrtn  (op)
Nov 16, 2007, 02:03 PM

I went ahead and purchased ChronoSync and have it on my MBP at work. The company did note a bug with Leopard that should be addressed shortly. As soon as they do I will get sync'd and report back. To double check, the folder I need to sync is:

my name/Library/Application Support/Delicious Library

which has 3 files and one folder ... is this correct?

The files are Library Media Data.xml, Library Media Data (1.1 backup).xml, and Scanned UPCs Log.txt. The file is Images.

Thanks ... bruce

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2007, 05:53 PM

That right, but for the sake of optimization, you only have to sync the file Library Media Data.xml and the folder Images/Plain Covers

sportspix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2008, 11:15 AM

I sync DL between a macpro and mbp using chronysync. The only thing that doesn't sync is the borrowers part. I read the preview on Appleinsider and am looking forward to DL2!

Forum Links
Forum Rules