Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > DL2 consuming huge amount of CPU

DL2 consuming huge amount of CPU
ajmas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2008, 10:49 PM

I am having issues with DL2 sending the CPU into overdrive (fan rev up, 80% CPU usage) and beach balling. I can't even download the update because of this. Where can I download the update from?

I am running MacOS X 10.5 on a 15" MacBook Pro (Core Duo).

Any ideas, since DL2 is out of commission until this is sorted.

Edit: Will: I will send you the force-quit crash log.

cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2008, 11:24 PM

Do you have a lot of items recently added to your collections? DL likes to check in with Amazon to add links to the database for items similar to those already in your collection (it's a feature, really). At least that's what DL1 used to do and it could really slow things down while it was updating.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

ajmas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2008, 08:10 AM

I sent the crash log to Wil, who told me that it was most probably due to a large library of a friend that I was trying to share. The only solution for the moment is to opt not to load my friend's library. Disconnecting my internet connection prevented the beach balling and was also the only way I found to get back control to turn off loading of my friend's library.
( Last edited by ajmas; Jun 27, 2008 at 08:19 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules