Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So what's with all the meat and two veg sigs?

So what's with all the meat and two veg sigs?
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 07:00 AM

So... we have boobie sigs.

The gayer members of this forum appear to have decided to form a protest by having packaged meat and two veg on display.

For example:

Now, I'm not whining. Not at all. Have your cock sigs if you want them.

What I find interesting is how the gay mindset equates "above the belt" in females with "below the belt" in males. Surely if you wanted to protest with an equal image you'd be using sigs with a bloke's chiselled chest slightly visible beneath a micro t-shirt?

I'm not sure what the switch from above the belt to below the belt indicates. That all homos are actually perverts, like Phelps has been saying all along, and will use any opportunity to push the envelope?

This is a serious question.

/fetches popcorn.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
That all homos are actually perverts, ...
Serious question? Looks like homophobic flamebait to me
But maybe im too sensitive
Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.
Oscar Wilde

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Milkman View Post
Serious question?
Yes.

Now, if the boobie sigs were camel toe sigs, I'd get it. Like with like, etc..
But they're not, so is Phelps right after all?

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 07:48 AM

There is no "like with like", since we're discussing different sexes. Men walk around with bare chests all the time. You cannot fairly compare that with a set of completely exposed female breasts. The erotic impact is just not the same.
So to counter the breast sigs (which I am not opposed to, mind you) one would need to pick a body part with comparable erotic qualities.
And perverted Why is a completely covered part of the male anatomy more perverted than a barely covered part of the female anatomy?
Oscar Wilde

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 07:53 AM

Oh and one more thing. I still think your post is flamebait but I'm biting anyway since my sig is also a sort of provocation, I have to admit.
Oscar Wilde

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:05 AM

my sig is also a sort of provocation
So Phelps is right then.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:14 AM

There is no "like with like"
Yes there is. Mini t-shirt over chiselled chest.

since we're discussing different sexes. Men walk around with bare chests all the time. You cannot fairly compare that with a set of completely exposed female breasts. The erotic impact is just not the same.
So you're telling me that women and gays don't swoon at a chiselled, naked male chest?

So to counter the breast sigs (which I am not opposed to, mind you) one would need to pick a body part with comparable erotic qualities.
Like a half-covered chiselled male chest then.

And perverted Why is a completely covered part of the male anatomy more perverted than a barely covered part of the female anatomy?
Like I said, pushing the envelope - the move from above the belt to below the belt.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 08:22 AM

So Phelps is right then.
No one is wrong about everything all of the time. Even Fred Phelps. But it's not because my sig is slightly provocative (isn't yours??) that your hero Phelps has the right idea about homosexuality.
Oscar Wilde

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2007, 08:34 AM

Yeah i gotta agree with Doofy, I saw a couple of these this afternoon and was like WTF?!

Ignoring the above debate on Below v Above the belt, is it really necessary? Both the boobies and the budgie smuggler shots.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 08:35 AM

it is getting out of hand, that's for sure.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 08:37 AM

The thing that bothers me about both signatures is that they're borderline NSFW. When it was only one or two members the odds of hitting a thread with them were low and easily scrolled out of site. Now there's whole threads with sigs that are a little to risque for work.

edit: I think doofy you were the first to do this.
Besides, while I'm straight and I actually do like the boob sigs (just not appropriate), what's good for the goose is good for the gander and if you put a female body part as a sig, why complain of other members putting male body parts.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Spook E View Post
Yeah i gotta agree with Doofy, I saw a couple of these this afternoon and was like WTF?!

Ignoring the above debate on Below v Above the belt, is it really necessary? Both the boobies and the budgie smuggler shots.
Not necessary. Just good fun
If someone gives me a good reason to remove it, I will. Or if a mod or admin asks.
Oscar Wilde

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:44 AM

No one is wrong about everything all of the time. Even Fred Phelps. But it's not because my sig is slightly provocative (isn't yours??) that your hero Phelps has the right idea about homosexuality.
See? That's what I'm talking about. This post indicates that you cannot think correctly without a perverted (in the non-sexual use of the term) slant on things.

Simply because I ask a question, you accuse me of homophobia and of Phelps being my hero - when I've already said that I'm not whining and you can have your cock sigs if you want them.

I'm just wondering why you feel the need to be provocative and push the envelope.

If you'd had the cock sig before the boobies sigs happened, I wouldn't be asking this question.

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
The thing that bothers me about both signatures is that they're borderline NSFW. When it was only one or two members the odds of hitting a thread with them were low and easily scrolled out of site. Now there's whole threads with sigs that are a little to risque for work.
Agreed, i;m sitting on the couch at home, any if my girlfriend glanced over and saw one of the sig's with the blokes in it, i get some strange looks.

Not so much the boobies, she'd just expect that unfortunately.

Besides, while I'm straight and I actually do like the boob sigs (just not appropriate), what's good for the goose is good for the gander and if you put a female body part as a sig, why complain of other members putting male body parts.
Because the one's with the male body parts look a lot more overtly sexual and explicit than the boobies. Maybe it's because i'm not gay, but the sig's that Milkman and Analog Sprinkles have just seem to cross the good taste line.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:50 AM

I believe Nivag had one before me. His is a bit more arty though - more lingerie, less boobies.

It's not about body parts. It's about pushing the envelope as a form of protest. I've noticed this particular habit is quite prevalent amongst our gay friends. Just want to know why (you'll notice in the OP that I'm not actually complaining).

If the cock sigs were there before the boobie sigs or if they were a response to camel toe sigs, the thread wouldn't exist.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 08:51 AM

Simply because I ask a question, you accuse me of homophobia and of Phelps being my hero
I agree, the homophobia word comes out quick to anyone who seems to question anything related to homosexuals.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 08:53 AM

Because the one's with the male body parts look a lot more overtly sexual and explicit than the boobies. Maybe it's because i'm not gay, but the sig's that Milkman and Analog Sprinkles have just seem to cross the good taste line.
I think you got the point.
Oscar Wilde

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:55 AM

Exactly. Which is why I haven't got a camel toe sig.

I concur about Milkman's and Sprinkles' crossing the line of good taste. Kerrigan's, for example, is nowhere near as overt and hasn't crossed the line (IMHO). But then we know that Kerrigan isn't as shouty-confrontational-protesty as Sprinkles.

A question occurs. Is this down to a continental social divide? Like, North Americans not realising the good taste line is the belt?

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 08:56 AM

I think you got the point.
Yes, he got my point.

Why didn't you?

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 09:01 AM

I don't get what the big deal is...

All glory to the hypnotoad.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2007, 09:04 AM

Yes, he got my point.

Why didn't you?
Don't you know? I am simply uncapable since I have a perverted slant on things

Look, to me this has gone far enough. I honestly didn't expect this sort of backlash. It was all done in good fun. I propose a truce. Let's obey the forum rules and remove all sexually explicit signature images?
Oscar Wilde

Obi Wan's Ghost
Baninated
Jul 21, 2007, 09:35 AM

Ass sigs will get MacNN 20 points docked. This happened to me. Talk about discrimin-ass-tion.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 10:06 AM

But mine is a photo of a car, I don't know what that has to do with anything but this is a thread I wanted to be a part of.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 10:11 AM

When the boobies first showed up, I turned off sig display. It has stayed off as the asshattery has spread.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 10:20 AM

If you shut your eyes because you don't want to see something, how will you know when it has gone?

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 10:33 AM

[/COLOR]
Ya, it is a seriously stupid question.

Since when is woman's breasts equal to a mans chest. You're telling me woman in your country can walk around with no shirt on?

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Since when is woman's breasts equal to a mans chest. You're telling me woman in your country can walk around with no shirt on?
Yep. Oh. And in *your* country the law treats a woman's chest the same as a bloke's chest.

You're really not getting this, are you?

Woman turns up to a black tie event showing the same cleavage as my sig shows (it could be a dress, easily), nobody says anything.

Bloke turns up to a black tie event wearing speedos, as your sig shows, he's gonna get arrested.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 21, 2007, 11:15 AM

Um, they called your bet and they raised it? What's so hard to understand?

I turned off the sig display with the boobs too. I had to get my Doofy fix at work.

Serious question: how starved for boobs do you have to be in order to need to look at them in your sig?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2007, 11:18 AM

Boobs are what makes the world go round. Honestly, I'm not a boob man...but if boobs ceased to exist the planet would soon follow.

Props to Doof. There exists no better boob spokesman.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2007, 11:22 AM

Wait...one more thing.

Gay or straight, if you cannot appreciate Doofy's sig image then you have issues that cannot be resolved through medication or psychotherapy.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
When the boobies first showed up, I turned off sig display. It has stayed off as the asshattery has spread.
I turned them off during that whole period of OMGWTFBBQ sigs. Haven't seen a sig since.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2007, 11:25 AM

If this crap keeps up I'm going to replace my boob sig with an image of *my* chest. Yes, that's a threat. So back off before you're all sorry. I've got more body hair than anyone on earth. Be afraid. be very afraid.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2007, 11:30 AM

I'm sorry I tried to promote boob sigs. Just trying to have a bit of fun. My efforts will likely be met with a forum-wide ban on boob sigs.
Again, I am totally sorry if I caused the demise of boobs at MacNN. I take full responsibility. And my apologies to Doofy for ruining a good thing.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 11:31 AM

As long as my sig can stay, I'm fine with losing the boobies.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Um, they called your bet and they raised it?
Exactly. Raised it. Not equalled it.

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Serious question: how starved for boobs do you have to be in order to need to look at them in your sig?
Serious answer: Not at all.

Are those members with Apple logos in their sigs starved of Apple products? Or do they have their hands on them as they type their posts?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2007, 11:34 AM

Your sig should be the first to go, jokell82. It pains me to say that, but there's a line which shouldn't be crossed. You're about 14 (20Km) miles beyond that line.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
I'm sorry I tried to promote boob sigs.
Wait. Who hijacked Spliffy's account?

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2007, 11:39 AM

I think the whole lot of you are going to be changing you your sigs or have them changed for you. We do try and keep these forums SFW and appropriate for all ages. People have a ned to push things too far.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules