Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Giuliani is a dink

Giuliani is a dink
shmerek
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2004, 06:16 PM

"No matter how you try to blame it on the president, the actual responsibility for it really would be for the troops that were there. Did they search carefully enough � didn't they search carefully enough?"
I used to have some respect for this man but watching him over the last couple of months it is all gone. Seriously, what an ass.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2004, 06:25 PM

I agree to some extent. After the first debate he was on the Daily Show trying to tell me I hadn't seen what I had just seen. This is the sort of bs you can expect during a campaign though. Of course, he did denigrate the troops when he made that remark above, discrediting Bush's claim that Kerry/Democrats are denigrating the troops by talking about al QaQaa.

But beyond the partisan outer layer, I think he's a pretty decent guy.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2004, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:
I used to have some respect for this man but watching him over the last couple of months it is all gone. Seriously, what an ass.
Well, any New Yorker could have told you that. He did well with 9/11 and no one bashes him for that but yea, otherwise, he's a putz.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

shmerek  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2004, 06:29 PM

The think that I don't get is how somebody who is pretty decent can turn into such a pathetic cheerleader. I heard his commentary after one of the debates as well and I couldn't believe the garbage that was coming out of his mouth, at some point you think self respect and dignity would kick in. I guess I am just disappointed in the man, I thought he was a bit different than the rest and I have been proven wrong.

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2004, 06:47 PM

Giuliani lost credibility with me after the debate. That was crazy. A lot of previously respectable people have submitted to the party whip and given more credence to the theory that even a good politician is still just a politician. (McCain and Powell especially).

~BS

JohnnyAppleseed
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2004, 07:30 PM

I think he just threw any chance of a political out the window. Blaming the inadequately and undermanned troops. Shame on Gooli.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2004, 07:35 PM

Yeah, it's disappointing. I've never doubted that he's a lying, opportunistic politician - they all are. And I wouldn't assume him to be particularly decent, either - look what he did to his wife. Politics being what it is, I was willing to overlook all that - he's moderate, he has a pretty good record, and his convention speech was promising. But his recent willingness to say anything gives me pause. The irony is that his recent gaffe probably did more to hurt Bush than help him.

I see Giuliani as good Cabinet material, but I'm not sure about presidential. Besides, if the Constitution is amended to allow furners to run, Ahnold will be a shoe-in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules