Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > 23" Cinema Display or 30" Cinema Display

23" Cinema Display or 30" Cinema Display
cgmpowers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2005, 11:37 AM

I am buying a G5 Dual Quad 2.5 next month; I'm debating what kind of display I should get. I currently own a 22" Cinema Display (older one, moderate use as it was a store display but I've rarely used it).

I'm a graphic designer (soon to be gradated in May) and everyone is telling me if I can, get dual displays! I've never worked behind a dual display so I need some advice.. I've seen the 30" Cinema Displays and they seem overwhelming (especially when you think it'll sit next to a 22" Cinema Display I already own). One person I know who has a 30" Cinema Display has sat behind it for a several months now and actually doesn't like it as much as his old 23" but he's also not using power apps for graphic designing..

What do you recommend, 23" Cinema Display or 30" Cinema Display?

Thorzdad
Dec 8, 2005, 12:56 PM

I've used both the 23" and the 30" and I keep returning to the 23". Even though I actually run out of space on the 23", I find the 30" to be too big...everything just floats out there.

Dual displays are cool, if you really think you need it. But a 23" should do just fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules