Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Americas Army keeps backing me out of games...

Americas Army keeps backing me out of games...
rlmorel
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2004, 08:45 PM

I have a Dual 2GHz G5, 2.5GB RAM, Radeon 9800, etc. This is an awesome game, just as hard as can be, but I really like it. However, I have a problem where I keep randomly getting ejected from games, dropped back to the DEPLOYMENT screen for no apparent reason, often times right in the middle of a game. I have reinstalled the most current version, but it still keeps happening...I do see occasional messages when I am logged into a game about not being able to delete a pbag.mac file, so I thought it might be something with Punkbuster, but turning it off seems to have no effect. Any ideas on this?

Also, any good Mac forums for this game anywhere? I cannot find any decent support on this...

"An argument isn't just saying 'No it isn't'!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT ISN'T!"

Madison
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2004, 09:28 PM

This happened to me a while back...it turns out there was a bug of some description (on their servers I believe), and it was all back to normal in a day or two. My problem was getting kicked by punkbuster for having altered maps, which I didn't do, and couldn't have done if my life had depended on it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules