Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Website design -- critiques wanted.

Website design -- critiques wanted.
aprilcarter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2004, 10:39 AM

I have designed only a few websites and am still learning. I would appreciate any feedback on the following site with regard to general design, graphics/illustration, functionality, flow, etc., as well as copy and content if you feel like reading/browsing.

A couple of notes:

- I plan to remove the pop-up aspect of the site. Originally, I thought it would be good to control the page size (and therefore control the cropping of graphics), but that turned out to be impractical and probably annoying.

- The site isn't public yet, so content for the products (Equipment) section is missing.

- I will especially appreciate any feedback about buggy things, with notes about what browser you're viewing in.

Thanks!

http://www.coldcockedcards.com/

April

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 15, 2004, 11:08 AM

I really like the idea you have going for the site. It makes me want to look around.

The only major problem I see is the navigation. When you hover over a pic in the bottom banner the whole bar changes so you can't see what your next choice is. The sidebar nav also has a few hiccups when hovering. Just make sure that the choice you're hovering over stays slected when effects occur.

By making the links a little more consistant you would increase the useablitilty alot. Others here might have different opinions, but I found that was the only aspect (besides the pop up) that really bugged me.

Great illustrations. They look really familiar. Have you posted your site here before?

aprilcarter  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2004, 11:44 AM

Hey, Redstar.

Thanks for the comments. I will work on the navigation, since that's arguably the most important part of the site.

No, I haven't posted this site before... wonder what you're thinking of.

Thanks.

killer_735
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2004, 01:34 PM

I agree with what was said about the bottom navbar...maybe thumbnails to activate and a larget pane to show off the big versions of the images would work well.

Something strikes me about the font of the navbar on the left...maybe it's just because the links are text with nothing to make them stand out. I like the idea...but the font just rubs me the wrong way...

I really dig the images though.
Is this a dreamweaver site, hard-coded, or something else?
"Leave it. Leave it, it's fine. It's fine. I WILL DESTROY YOU!" -Morbo

Forum Links
Forum Rules