Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > MP3 CD Assistance

MP3 CD Assistance
CyberMonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2003, 03:43 PM

*Don't know where else to stick this, so I'll post it here*

I finally installed my CD player in my car yesterday, and it's working fine. But, I'm having some trouble with MP3 CDs skipping and/or urping (as in, sounds like there are encoder errors, when in fact the files play fine on the computer). I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what might be causing this.

At first I thought it might be due to the fact that some of the tags were v2.2-2.3, and upon looking back to the manual I came across a note that said the CD player is only compatible with v1.1 ID3 tags (it doesn't display ID3 info, but I figured the tags somehoe interfere with the reading of the file). I downloaded a couple tag editing applications and removed the tags on all the MP3s in one of my MP3 CD burn folders (all copied as to not lose the original files, of course). First I tried changing them to v1.1, but this burn too had urps. Then I tried removing all tags alltogether, and this CD still had urps. I might add that not every song does this. It seems the MP3s from my System of a Down album all urp rather badly, and the Audioslave album MP3s urp as well. But many of the songs work just fine in any of the above tag configurations.

Anyway, I don't know what the hell I can do to fix this, if anything. Does anyone know of anything I could do? Oh, and if it's of any help, I've been burning these in Toast 5.2. iTunes creates a folder for each artist and album when it burns MP3 CDs, and I like to stick all the files in one folder and stick it on random once it's in the CD player. Oh, and most of these MP3 files probably started out with iTunes MP3 tags. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I live, I learn, and yet, I yearn for more. -CyberMonk

Forum Links
Forum Rules