Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.4.1 is released!

10.4.1 is released! (Page 3)
ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2005, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by striker100
TransparentDock doesn't work with 10.4.1.
TransparentDock v2.3.2 has been released to work with v10.4.1...great work!

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
May 17, 2005, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by barney ntd
Doesn't fix my problems: DVD player still shows almost nothing but green noise,

Barney.
It happened to me with a dual 2.0 G5 running 10.3 with an ATI 9800. It had something to do with the graphic card driver. I had to regularly trash ATI pref files, until ATI released an upgrade.

AuPhalanx
Forum Regular
May 17, 2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fonzie
The translator widget works here. You just have to wait a while before it translates. It's a matter of seconds here.
Fonzie!

Thanks, but I could wait until Judhement Day and this thing would not translate. It is a flaw or corruption somewhere in the widget. Does anyone know how I could reinstall it? Thanks!

Have fun... Tony.

giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
May 17, 2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
Safari still can't remember where the heck I want my window to stay
The only workaround I have found for this is to move the window to where you want, and resize it a small amount. Eventually, Safari forgets the window placement again, but at least this works for 5-10 launches.
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

gregpins
Forum Regular
May 17, 2005, 02:00 PM

Beyond the listed fixes, 10.4.1 feels generally more responsive, especially within Microsoft office, with fewer hiccups when bringing up the dashboard and generally fewer beachballs. Seems like there have been under the hood improvements. Generally, I'm very, very happy with the way Tiger is now running. Still feels like Spotlight has more overhead than it should, and wish Microsoft would do a much needed update to address issues in Office, but overall am feeling great.

Fusion
Senior User
May 17, 2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by giantmike
The only workaround I have found for this is to move the window to where you want, and resize it a small amount. Eventually, Safari forgets the window placement again, but at least this works for 5-10 launches.
You can also just delete that one line from Safari's preferences. I think its called NS Window Frame Border or something like that, pretty obvious which one it is once you open it up.

an0therdumbsn
May 17, 2005, 05:33 PM

10.4.1 also fixed my mail problems while trying to use it with my gmail account, very nice surprise.
I am still prompted to join my internet connection everytime my powerbook turns on or wakes from sleep which is a bummer...but hey 10.4.2 cant be too far off right?

Mike Pither
Mac Enthusiast
May 17, 2005, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by AuPhalanx
Is any one else having a problem with the translation widget? It will not work for me since the .1 upgrade today. I thought a restart would remedy it, but alas it did not.

Have fun... Tony.
no I just tried mine and it is working fine
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

unixphreakg3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2005, 06:28 PM

barney ntd said:

"Yup. Did that when it came out. The problem seems to be specific to the Radeon 8500 in Sawtooth G4s without processor upgrades. There's another thread about this. VLC works OK."

did you do a clean install? i have a g4 sawtooth that i installed tiger with a 8500 mac edition and 400mhz processor, the dvd player worked. i now have a dual 1ghz and a flashed fx5200 and the dvd player still works. might try the clean install. now i did try the 8a425 and ran into trouble with the dvd player with the same green issues. so???

barney ntd
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by dlefebvre
It happened to me with a dual 2.0 G5 running 10.3 with an ATI 9800. It had something to do with the graphic card driver. I had to regularly trash ATI pref files, until ATI released an upgrade.
I've trashed all the ones I can find! Do you remember where the ones that matter are?

Originally Posted by unixphreakg3
did you do a clean install? i have a g4 sawtooth that i installed tiger with a 8500 mac edition and 400mhz processor, the dvd player worked. i now have a dual 1ghz and a flashed fx5200 and the dvd player still works. might try the clean install. now i did try the 8a425 and ran into trouble with the dvd player with the same green issues. so???
I did an archive install, and was pretty careful about what I copied over. I've tried everything short of wiping my hard disc, and the only thing that fixed it was putting the original Rage 128 back.

Barney.

AuPhalanx
Forum Regular
May 17, 2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Pither
no I just tried mine and it is working fine
Hi, all!

I solved my problem. There is a .plist file for the translation widget. I trashed mine, reloaded the widget, and voila! I am able to translate again. I am on my way to becoming a Mac guru. Well, maybe not, but I am defintiely capable. Thanks!

Have fun... Tony.

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
May 17, 2005, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by MrForgetable
i hope this fixes the sleep problem i magically got in the past few days.
yes! it was fixed!
iamwhor3hay

techtrucker
Senior User
May 17, 2005, 07:53 PM

10.4.1 messed up the color calibration on my iMac G5 17"...brushed metal now has a blue tint to it...when I try to calibrate I get this:

The factory profile for the display could not be found.

Not happy...
MacBook 2.0 160/2GB/SuperDrive
Lots of older Macs

kcmac
Mac Elite
May 17, 2005, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by techtrucker
10.4.1 messed up the color calibration on my iMac G5 17"...brushed metal now has a blue tint to it...when I try to calibrate I get this:

The factory profile for the display could not be found.

Not happy...
We had this on our iMac G5 with 10.3.9. Haven't checked if it has changed with Tiger.

MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2005, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by wadesworld
Reported bugs often don't get fixed, but unreported bugs NEVER get fixed.

Wade
Thanks for the suggestion, I just resubmitted the bug report for the MDD G4 bug & OSX Tiger and submitted a bug report for the safari scrollbar trails "graphic anomaly" in Safari 2.0 of OSX Tiger.

I hope Apple will fix these bugs in the upcoming OSX Tiger updates. I got my fingers crossed!
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

workerbee
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 08:19 AM

Has there been any mention that the kernel (or whatever handles memory) has been updated in 10.4.1?
My Powerbook's wake-from-sleep crashes (screen remains black with no login window, forcing a reboot) with the new 2 x 1GB RAMs, which were happening almost 100% of the time on 10.4.0, even after a disk wipe and clean-install, have auto-magically disappeared since I've updated...
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

LightWaver-67
Senior User
May 18, 2005, 08:33 AM

Has anyone else experienced any issues with previewing inline images (.JPGs) in Mail.app...?

It's odd... if someone SENDS me a .jpg, I can see it fine in Mail... If I create or modify a .jpg and send it through Mail.app, I can see them when I attach or drag-n-drop into the message... BUT...

When I go back and read my "Sent" messages, ANY .jpgs I've sent show-up as those little-blue "broken" or "missing" image links. Oddly enough, the slideshow still works... it seems that just the preview in mail is not working for me for .JPG images I've sent out.

Anyone else experiencing this...?

Appleman
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 08:42 AM

Mail Bundles:

It works on 10.4.1, just make this steps:

In Finder, rename folder ~/Library/Mail/Bundles (Disabled) to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles

In Terminal, type:
defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles 1

defaults write com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion 2

Relaunch Mail

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2005, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by workerbee
Has there been any mention that the kernel
I haven't seen it mentioned. However, the kernel generally gets updated with every release.

zorrito
May 18, 2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by neely
10.4.1 is not showing up in Software Update for me (yes, I do have 10.4 ). iTunes 4.8 never showed up either; had to download that manually. Anyone else having the same issue?

yep, same problem here, I dont know what happen, if anyone knows please tell us!!, anyway I also tried to download it and it didnt install it, thanks in advance

felipe
i-book G3 Blueberry
Powerbook G4 12'' :D:D

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by MrForgetable
yes! it was fixed!
apparently, it just went back to not sleeping again. but now i only have to open it once for it to sleep.
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links
Forum Rules