Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > lacie recognized by itunes with os update?

lacie recognized by itunes with os update?
Tiny-E
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2002, 08:52 AM

Just wondering if itunes now recognizes lacie cd burners (have a fw 32X burner). I haven't had a chance myself to check it out 'cause I just moved to Sydney and haven't bought an adaptor for the burner.

Speaking of which, do I have to buy a convertor for my burner or will it be okay with a plug switch from N.A. to Australia (my ti doesn't need a convertor but it has an electrical feeling when plugged into the sockets here).

rogerkylin
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2002, 09:10 AM

I have a 24x16x32 usb 2.0 burner from LaCie. The finder, but not iTunes recognized it before 10.1.3, but now both the finder and iTunes recognize it.

Sven G
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2002, 09:24 AM

My LaCie U&I 24x10x40 is still *not* recognized by iTunes - even if it works very well with the Finder, etc., - neither in USB nor in FireWire mode (but it's of the latest batch, now based on the Mitsumi CR-48X9TE mechanism).

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

hondo
Mar 4, 2002, 03:29 PM

I just bought the Lacie 24x10x40 U&I drive. Received it on the 27th of February. I use it through firewire and it was recognized by iTunes. It even burned a CD for me at 24x on a 1x-16x speed disk (3:45 burn time).

Sven G
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2002, 03:52 PM

Probably, your drive then has a Sanyo or TEAC mechanism, which are known to already work with iTunes; the still "problematic" mechanism is the Mitsumi CR-48X9TE, still unsupported in iTunes (which a reader at http://www.xlr8yourmac.com also confirmed)...

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Sven G ]

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

hondo
Mar 4, 2002, 04:26 PM

Sven, you're dead on it. I have the TEAC CD-W524E drive. I guess if you order from Lacie, you better pray you get a supported drive.

Forum Links
Forum Rules