Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > New excuse regarding Panther not shipping for some.

New excuse regarding Panther not shipping for some.
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 11:53 AM

I called and the rep told me that since I am an upgrade regardless of when I ordered my order was scheduled to ship on the 24th not arrive on the 24th. I told him this was a lie because othrers who have upgraded have already received theirs and I have been told more than 3x that it will arrive today. I asked about overnight saturday delivery and he said he was unable to. I asked for his supervisor and am on hold now..... I'll post after I get off the phone.
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 12:02 PM

They said they can't help me and I now have to call the up-to-date program. Just got off the phone with them and they said since it was palced online I have to talk to the Apple Store. She told me I was lieing when I told her people already have this installed on their computers. If I call the Apple Store back then I'll end up back at the upgrade program,. Im so frustrated. I gotta go to class so I can't spend another 45 minutes (second 45 minute phone call) on the phone. Im going out of town and was having it delivered at the address I was going to be at. That's why this is such a big deal to me. ARG!!!!!

midwinter
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 12:07 PM

Accusing someone trying to help you out of lying probably isn't the best idea.

Why don't you just pop down to the CompUSA on 71st and pick up a copy?

It's just an operating system. They obviously had a glitch. You'll get it soon enough.

RoofusPennymore
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 12:10 PM

Even if they said they could ship it before the 24th, theres a disclaimer saying they may not be able to do that.
---I'm on a low Microsoft diet.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2003, 03:09 PM

Yep, once you say that they are lying you get thrown into the "angry" catagory.

You could have been super nice, and they probably would have bent over backwards for you.

I hook people up all the time, but I'm not going to hook a guy up that is going nuts...

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 04:05 PM

I did not go nuts. I didnt call her a lia to her face either. She told me it was impossible that my friends had Panther and I told her that's not true it is installed on their systems. I dont want u guys thinking I was that rude and just straight out called her a liar. Furthermore, I was very frustrated when talking to her. I bhad been on the phone for an hour and being bounced back and forth between 2 departments who swear up and down they cant help me but the other can. So what is your recommendation for resolving the problem? Maybe if I got someone on the phone like you, you can pull some strings? I am upset b/c I called 5 or 6x to verify my order would indeed be here. They assured me each time it would be delivered today. I had it sent to the address where I will be for the weekend and now it's not going to be here and if it's shipped out tonight I won't be here to receive it when it comes. Do you understand my dilemma? If the stores here sold the upgrade cd. I would surely go buy it, but they don't.

Forum Links
Forum Rules