Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Adium pissing me off

Adium pissing me off
cleanup
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2005, 05:44 PM

Why is it so difficult to customize Adium, particularly in the way of fonts?

I can't seem to choose what font I want for the contact and status font. The colours don't change, the font selector window is slow, shadow doesn't apply, no additional options work. I'm stuck with the default Lucida Grande, and I can't even change its colours or apply a drop shadow to it.

Also, when I make the background completely transparent, the fonts are rendered in a strange way, and they don't look right (they look as though the background colour were still there, and it was still being aliased as though it was there, even though it isn't, so the font looks odd (if you know what I mean).

Could someone PLEASE help me in customizing Adium, particularly the fonts? I just want floating group and contact names in the font, colour, and options that I want, but Adium or Mac OSX doesn't seem to let me.

Also, is there any way to change the colour/gradient Adium uses when you select a group or a contact? It always seems to be a light blue to dark blue Tiger-style selection.

TIA.

Kadgar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2005, 10:20 PM

I bet if you posted to the Adium forums you would get a quick reply about this. http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewforum.php?f=13

gruneeitelkeit
Aug 10, 2005, 02:07 PM

There's this toolbar in Adium under preferences called contact list, you should be able to change everything there?

Syzygy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2005, 06:09 PM

Make sure you're adjusting the fonts/colors right after clicking the font/color button. If you have made the font/color window inactive and then active again I've found it is no longer linked to the font/color button you originally clicked.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2005, 09:54 PM

oh... thats all?

I have tried to use this app for some time now, and I can never keep it up. It almost always crashes repeatedly. Don't know why... I ended up command+delete.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2005, 10:10 PM

oh... thats all?

I have tried to use this app for some time now, and I can never keep it up. It almost always crashes repeatedly. Don't know why... I ended up command+delete.

Syzygy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 21, 2005, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by G0Ducks
oh... thats all?

It IS a beta still. I don't know how long ago you tried it, but back in .6x and before I had a lot of problems with crashed, but now it's smooth.

Forum Links
Forum Rules