Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iTunes with non-apple mp3 players? (UMS)

iTunes with non-apple mp3 players? (UMS)
Recontech
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2007, 12:53 PM

Ok, before I get blasted, let me preface by saying I really need voice recording capability, and instead of buying a dedicated voice recorder, I'd like to get a mp3 player with voice recorder capability.

I'm looking for something that matches the following:
  • 8gb Flash based
  • Plays video, audio, pictures
  • UMS = Mass storage USB device, aka: apple compatible
  • Something that doesn't require conversion on the desktop for media. (For example, the Sansa E280 requires conversion through their program to put movies on the player.)
  • Voice Recording

Also, I'd like to stick to using iTunes on my powerbook.

What should I do?
Blackhole Forums

Discuss Computers, Technology, Philosophy

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2007, 02:43 PM

Well, unless you feel like converting all of the music you've purchased from iTS, as we as converting all music you will be purchasing from iTS, then you'd might want to stick with an iPod. Music purchased from the iTunes store wont play on anything else.

But if you aren't buying music from iTunes store, you can still use iTunes as your music/movie/media manager. Most players work with it in this way, as far as I know.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2007, 03:27 PM

Well, I'm not sure that most mp3 player integrate with iTunes very smoothly - have you thought of just getting a mic for your ipod - there are add-ons that will do this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules