Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Echo Indigo or M-Audio?

Echo Indigo or M-Audio?
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2004, 04:31 AM

I want to upgrade the sound in my PB. What is the better choice? How far does the card stick out from the Echo Indigo? I am really into audio now, specifically headphones and now want the best sound option possible. If that Indigo doesn't stick out too far, it may be the best for me. I will also be using a headphone amp. Anyone have the Echo Indigo that can comment on it?
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2004, 03:38 PM

The Echo sticks out about an inch.

The thing is, Powerbooks already come with great audio (not the internal speakers), so unlike Windows machines, you won't hear much of a difference.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2004, 04:00 PM

So it's probably not worth the $150? I don't mind paying it, but if it's only marginally better, doesn't seem like it's worth it. Would the M-audio be any good? It's cheaper and will provide 5.1 Surround through my headphones.
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

TMLai
Feb 9, 2004, 06:34 PM

All the news I got for M-Audio Mac users are bad news. I would stay away from their products.

Forum Links
Forum Rules