Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > no more OS X support from Logitech ?

no more OS X support from Logitech ?
1800-whatever
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2004, 10:30 AM

This is what I read on Macnightowl.com : (right in the first article on Mac 'deserters')

The latest news, however, comes from out of the blue, really. I had been talking with Logitech about having a guest appear on The Mac Night Owl LIVE, when they dropped the bombshell. The company is in the process of changing its strategic direction and is on the verge of dropping Mac support. While Mac OS X will support a two-button mouse with a scroll wheel, it may not be a serious matter, but if Logitech doesn't deliver Mac drivers, extra functions and buttons won't operate. Keyboards will be Windows only, which affects not only the Windows key, but the extra features on multimedia keyboards. The spokesperson I talked with says Mac users don't like keyboards with that Windows key, even if it is labeled for both platforms, and has a functional Command key when drivers are installed.
That would be bad news
Anybody else hear anything about this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules