Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Desperate call>Making Dropbox.com look like the iDisk website

Desperate call>Making Dropbox.com look like the iDisk website
GuillaumeB
Forum Regular
Jul 14, 2010, 04:24 PM

Hi all,

OK I have search every where and i can't seem to find anything.
Basically my request is simple :

I want the Dropbox website to look as good as the iDisk website.

There are various way to do this:
- Using a userscript for Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Tweaking the existing Google gadget that you can add on your site and which returns the iPhone version of Dropbox
- Create a brand new site using the Dropbox API

My problem is, i don't know enough about coding and I just can't believe that with all the iDisk vs Dropbox talk there hasn't been more demand for that.

I'm not the only one to have been torn between using the iDisk and Dropbox and obviously Dropbox has never let me down. Now am i the only one to find Dropbox's website quite ugly when compared to the Apple web apps ? You might believe that the website is not the main point of entry when using Dropbox but I'm really looking to integrate properly the other MobileMe services with Dropbox.

If by any chance you share my opinion, please reply, I'll know if I'm alone here. Also if you know someone who can take care of that then wait no more and talk to him/her.
My website
MBP 13" Uni - 4GB RAM
MBP 15" - 4GB RAM

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2010, 05:31 PM

That's hardly a simple request.

GuillaumeB  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 14, 2010, 05:39 PM

Well, one can find greasemonkey userscripts for basically any websites. Could there be some restrictions on certain web apps ? I jsut thought it was a sort of "forced" stylesheet similar to the "!important;" value added to properties...
Yet as stated above i'm no expert in writing usercripts, at least not from scratch...
My website
MBP 13" Uni - 4GB RAM
MBP 15" - 4GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules