Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Was 9/11 an inside job?

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an inside job?
Poll Options:
Absolutely not. I'm a nationalist douche. Heil Bush! 8 votes (15.69%)
I'm sure we could have done more to prevent 9/11, but we didn't have a hand in it at all. 18 votes (35.29%)
They didn't plan it, but they sure did try to find ways to exploit it! 14 votes (27.45%)
The gov't planned it, and carried it out sucessfully. The gov't official story is a fairy tale. 11 votes (21.57%)
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Was 9/11 an inside job? (Page 2)
thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2005, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
All right, then; fair enough. How do you believe it could have been done?

Helpless? Perhaps not. But we were blind, which amounts to helplessness in the end anyway.
1. some of the hijackers and some of their support network were under surveillance. In some cases the domestic agencies did not know they were terrorists, in other instances they DID know. the arrest or detention of any one of them could have changed everything.

2. Zacharias Moussaoui's laptop sat unsearched in custody

3. despite warnings of heightened hijacking threats, FAA did nothing. they could have issued stricter guidelines for contraband which could have prevented the box cutters from getting on board

4. despite the fact that using planes as flying bombs was not only a known tactic but that threats repeated this possiblity, the FAA did nothing to instruct airlines to review their policies concerning cooperating with hijackers

5. security analysts and watchdogs have been arguing for secure cockpit doors on commercial planes for almost 3 decades. a $10 padlock would have prevented 9/11

Those are the first 5 things that come to mind. The network of incompetence and buffoonery is almost endless. But I'm relieved to know that despite the mantra that 911 "changed everything", it still seems like business as usual to me except I'm paying a lot of taxes to fund a repeat of the 80's that got us into this mess in the first place.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2005, 05:17 AM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Deimos,

Please show me one shred of evidence that the US was involved in the planing and/or execution of 9/11.

Athens,

Please show me one shred of evidence where the US KNEW of impending attacks. And I'm not talking about vague "intelligence reports" that point to airplanes.

The truth is, we weren't. I'm sure you can piece together something from the million or so conspiracy theory sites out there... but show me a site with some type of reputation that's willing to say that the U.S. government was involved.

I dont have to show you any proof because I think I said it clear These are my personal opinions which are based on events after the fact, different news stories, history and logic.

I could ask you to show me proof they didn't know? But since you asked look up john o'neill who was the FBI Director for antiterrorism in NYC, who under oath said that his department tried to warn the White House of a plot to attack the WTC, of course they didn't know it was going to be with planes, just that a attack was going to be soon.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 3, 2005, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Athens:
I dont have to show you any proof because I think I said it clear These are my personal opinions which are based on events after the fact, different news stories, history and logic.

I could ask you to show me proof they didn't know? But since you asked look up john o'neill who was the FBI Director for antiterrorism in NYC, who under oath said that his department tried to warn the White House of a plot to attack the WTC, of course they didn't know it was going to be with planes, just that a attack was going to be soon.
Alternatives sources as in blogs and conspiracy websites?

P.S. didn't you "leave" the forum?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2005, 04:02 AM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Alternatives sources as in blogs and conspiracy websites?

P.S. didn't you "leave" the forum?
Ya I did, popped on for a ipod problem and decided to post a couple. Overall im not going to be posting much if at all so if it takes me weeks to reply now you know.

Any cases sources including CNN, BBC, CBC, Shows on PBS and shows such as Frontline, W5, 20/20 and special reports from sites like CBC and BBC. I dont bother ready conspiracy websites and if you look at what I said you will notice that I didnt think there was a conspiracy.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

idjeff
Senior User
Mar 4, 2005, 06:24 AM

DP

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

idjeff
Senior User
Mar 4, 2005, 06:25 AM

JohnSmithXTREME

I just love your sig dude....a giraffe, the stars of the OC, and bid landen....genius

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2005, 06:36 AM

Bid landen?

If (and of course even thinking it could be a consipracy is totally silly) Bush knew, wouldn;t he have planned to have been in a better situation that reading to school kids?

And what about Bali? Was that an inside job too? Check out the date of the bombing.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 4, 2005, 07:16 AM

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2005, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Well said.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules