Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New Logitech MX610 is cool and it works with Mac

New Logitech MX610 is cool and it works with Mac
striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 13, 2005, 03:18 PM

I picked up the new Logitech MX610 USB wireless mouse today and even though it does not have software for the Mac it works great. Only one of the features, a light showing that you have email does not work but I don't care about that. The MX610 is called the first "smart mouse" because it turns itself off when not in use to conserve battery usage. The scoll wheel works both up and down and side to side, when you push the scroll wheel in it enables Expose, Pushing the side back button on the mouse enables Dashboard. I do wish there was a way to configure the buttons but until Logitech decides to make Mac drivers I guess I'll be satisfied the way it is.
The USB transmitter is the smallest I've seen for a USB mouse, there is no docking station for it. I also have the Apple Bluetooth Wireless Mouse and the Mighty Mouse and I think I like the Logitech MX610 better than both of them.

osxisfun
Sep 13, 2005, 03:19 PM

have you tried usboverdrive with it?

is there a lag when the mouse "wakes up"?

thanks

ARENA
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2005, 11:52 PM

Is it smart enough to reamain off even if a key is pressed while the receiver is not connected?
I'd love to carry it around in my bag without draining it's battery.

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2005, 05:38 PM

I plugged mine in and it's recognized by my PC and works fine. When I use it on my Mac Mini, though, the pointer will move but none of the buttons do anything.

I have a 4 port USB hub plugged into a USB switch. Plugged in are my keyboard, mouse and printer. Since the mouse's transmitter is 2.4 GHz, could Airport be interfering?

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2006, 03:55 PM

Just tried the MX610 with my MacBook and USB Overdrive and it works. Same for the G7.

On the MX610 you can't remap the volume keys and the email/IM keys do nothing. On the G7 you can't remap the sensitivity keys.

Had to uninstall the LCC software though.

gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 18, 2006, 05:36 PM

Arena, the mouse also has an on/off switch you use to carry in your bag.

Did any of you get the zoom keys to work?

hickey
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2006, 07:55 PM

I have my wireless mouse set up so that when I click the scroll wheel when in a web browser it will go back a page. It also does the same thing in Finder. Unless they release mac drivers for it, I doubt I'll seriously look into it.

thirsty
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2006, 11:42 AM

Get the LOGITECH S530 Keyboard and Mouse (Cordless Desktop) it is designed for the MAC and comes in white and Silver. All the buttons are preprogramed. The mouse is essentially and MX610 with a few subtle changes, volume + & - and Mute, Scroll wheel up, down left & right.

I wonder if the included Mac software will work with the MX610 to allow it to map the buttons??
if you can't be part of the solution don't be part of the problem!!!!

ghostwolf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by thirsty
Get the LOGITECH S530 Keyboard and Mouse (Cordless Desktop) it is designed for the MAC and comes in white and Silver. All the buttons are preprogramed. The mouse is essentially and MX610 with a few subtle changes, volume + & - and Mute, Scroll wheel up, down left & right.

I wonder if the included Mac software will work with the MX610 to allow it to map the buttons??
Have you tried the S530 in bootcamp WinXP envirnoment? I want to get this too if it works propably in both Mac and WinXP! Thanks in millions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules