Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Griffin Powermate Doesn't Work Correctly in Jaguar (w/iSub)

Griffin Powermate Doesn't Work Correctly in Jaguar (w/iSub)
marusin
Senior User
Aug 27, 2002, 04:08 PM

Hey all,

If anyone else wants to give this a try, I just bought a PowerMate along with Jaguar (took advantage of the 10% sale the night of the Jaguar Parties)... I never used my PowerMate before with my older version of OS X.

Anyways, the control of the volume is incredibly flakey in Jaguar with the PowerMate. So much so that I don't even plug it in. There have been other talks about how the iSub now has it's own separate volume control in the Sounds Preferences. When you turn the Powermate to raise or lower the volume, it not only raises the main volume, but also the iSubs. With that said, they don't move together in unison. One may move up and the other moves down. Or they'll mute one and not the other (by turning, not pushing down on the Powermate).

I don't have another machine to test this out with, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I'm running a Summer 2000 iMac DV SE (slot-load) with an iSub plugged into one of the USB ports and the Powermate plugged into the keyboard's extra usb jack. I have even downloaded the latest Powermate driver (1.1.2) with the same problems.

I called Griffin and they acted like they never heard about this problem before and were going to try and duplicate it.

Thanks!

rhull
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2002, 04:24 PM

I have the same problem. The PowerMate driver update released a few days ago does not fix this problem. Griffin indicated that they would look into it. I'm using a G4 iMac 700.

Originally posted by marusin:
Hey all,

If anyone else wants to give this a try, I just bought a PowerMate along with Jaguar (took advantage of the 10% sale the night of the Jaguar Parties)... I never used my PowerMate before with my older version of OS X.

Anyways, the control of the volume is incredibly flakey in Jaguar with the PowerMate. So much so that I don't even plug it in. There have been other talks about how the iSub now has it's own separate volume control in the Sounds Preferences. When you turn the Powermate to raise or lower the volume, it not only raises the main volume, but also the iSubs. With that said, they don't move together in unison. One may move up and the other moves down. Or they'll mute one and not the other (by turning, not pushing down on the Powermate).

I don't have another machine to test this out with, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I'm running a Summer 2000 iMac DV SE (slot-load) with an iSub plugged into one of the USB ports and the Powermate plugged into the keyboard's extra usb jack. I have even downloaded the latest Powermate driver (1.1.2) with the same problems.

I called Griffin and they acted like they never heard about this problem before and were going to try and duplicate it.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules