Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > No Internet Radio?

No Internet Radio?
marusin
Senior User
May 13, 2002, 10:44 AM

Did you know that Internet Radio could become obsolete on May 21? I'm not advertising anything here, just concerned about the future of listening to what "I want to listen to" (and not having Britney, nSync, etc crammed down my throat)...

You all need to check out SaveInternetRadio.org to see what you can do... I enjoy having the freedom of listening to stations such as SomaFM and other streaming stations and don't want to lose that right... Check out the site above to see what you can do...

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
May 13, 2002, 03:22 PM

I listen to internet radio a lot. As a matter of fact, right now, stting on my deck I am listening to an obscure argentinian tango station. I love it. As a kid I used to have a shortwave radio, stayed up way past my bedtime with headphones and listened to far away radio stations. I guess this was the beginning of my geek-ness

I've signed the petition, even being a non US citizen I like listening to US radio - especially weird mid-west talk radio stations. It gives an insight into the American psyche no book, no paper can give you - and I do not mean this is any way at all derogatory.

For those of you who might be interested:

BBC Radio London. Listen between 12:00 and 15:00 GMT to Robert Elms, the best DJ on earth.

BBC radio 4 Must listen to on a Sunday morning (GMT). Talk radio, comedies, books, politics. The best. And "The Archers" Britain's longest running radio soap opera (since 1956)

Arty50
Mac Elite
May 13, 2002, 05:11 PM

The sheer stupidity of the recording industry never ceases to amaze me. I'll just bury that rant for use at a later time. What a bunch of idiots.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Forum Links
Forum Rules