Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Anyone know anything about the Danger HipTop?

Anyone know anything about the Danger HipTop?
marusin
Senior User
Jul 30, 2002, 03:21 PM

Hey all,

I've been following the upcoming Danger HipTop (www.danger.com) but haven't heard any news as to when it's supposed to be coming out. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be out already. Steve Wozniak is on their Board of Directors and it looks like a very cool device. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about when it's supposed to be coming out, etc.

Thanks!

happygoodies
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2002, 02:35 AM

There has been news popping up here and there lately.. Voicestream (aka T-Mobile) is going to be the first carrier and expect it in a month or two.

It looks AWESOME and from news sources it should be around $200 with $40/month for unlimited data (hopefully that includes voice minutes too). I will buy this immediately when it comes out if it doesn't cost $50+/month.

If I were in the market for a cell phone/PDA (and I am), I'd check out www.danger.com and www.dangerinfo.com to see if it's worth waiting for (it looks like it is, unless you need syncing with Outlook etc; I don't think it even syncs to a computer, which is good imo)

Forum Links
Forum Rules