Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: One week old black Macbook with 2GB RAM

FS: One week old black Macbook with 2GB RAM
AHDuke99
Sep 24, 2006, 10:27 PM

I had this for sale with the auction ending today, had my reserve price of $1799 achieved, and my account was hijacked 4 hours before the end. I have it re-enlisted. It's a black macbook with SUperdrive, 80GB HD, and 2GB of RAM. It's insanely fast, but I need a better GPU for my Halo addiction and the fact I use photoshop a great deal. If anyone is interested, here is its ebay auction page, or contact me via PM for an offer as well and I can end the auction early. I am sick of eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

more pictures here: http://home.comcast.net/~ahduke99/macbook/Photos.html

i haven't used it with my hands very much at all. it sits on a stand and I use my keyboard and M$ Mouse. So wear and smudges are nonexistent.

aaardal
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2006, 10:53 PM

I saw that auction today. To bad it didn't pan out. I had a similar situation last week but on a smaller priced item.

AHDuke99  (op)
Sep 24, 2006, 11:13 PM

i sent the leading bidder a message on his youtube account since ebay wouldnt let me contact him. i hope he responds soon.

dmcnickle
Senior User
Sep 25, 2006, 03:08 PM

That is too bad. How can your account be hijacked? just curious, I use ebay alot and have never had that happen

Schneider
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2006, 03:45 PM

Yea i am curious as well!

AHDuke99  (op)
Sep 25, 2006, 06:44 PM

i was sent an email through ebay with a link to a website and it apparently got my name and password from my email, which was the same as my ebay. soon my account was being used to send out messages about other items offering this link and my auction for the macbook had all its bidders canceled. if the core 2 duo macbooks had come out today i wouldve been livid.

webb3201
Senior User
Sep 25, 2006, 10:30 PM

Most probably know this but never ever ever ever respond to any email requesting account information, advertising specisla etc. Phishing attacks are so successful because they look so darn legitimate. If a company needs you to update anything, they will notify when you visit the site, not via email.
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

AHDuke99  (op)
Sep 26, 2006, 06:57 PM

it was through the site .. not email. that's why i screwed up i guess. i reported them but now it was too late. i have a day left and $1400 is the bid so far, i might never get that $1799 like i want for it. ah well..

charlespsu
Sep 27, 2006, 07:10 AM

Your price of $1799 is crazy high for a used machine. I don't care how nice you treated it, it's now used.

Etnier
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2006, 11:35 AM

How is it regarding the various MacBook problems: noise and stuff?

aaardal
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2006, 02:45 PM

Looks like the auction was pulled again.

szsiddiq
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2006, 03:16 PM

ebay sucks
i spent 3months trying to sell my vaio, and i kept getting the "please ship the product to africa" scam...once the bidding went up to $10,000. The computer wasnt worth more than 300!
I sold it nicely on craigslist eventually, but it took a lot of patience.

aaardal
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2006, 03:59 PM

That sucks... I just sold two new Vaio's last week. No problems at all. How I avoid people like you decribe is edit your selling preferences. I limit my buyers to Canada and USA. All other countries are blocked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules