Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What Does Two Kilos of Blow Go For These Days?

What Does Two Kilos of Blow Go For These Days?
subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 01:18 PM

I'm curious.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 9, 2013, 02:19 PM

If you're trying to score some plastique, shouldn't this go in Marketplace?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 02:41 PM

Craigslist's got me covered on that front.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 04:18 PM

Last I heard, 150/gr, then apply ~30% discount. Multiply that by .5 if it's completely uncut. Why do you ask?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 04:22 PM

I heard a coke mule story which didn't add up.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I heard a coke mule story which didn't add up.
Someone purportedly having half a million in powder stuffed up their bum?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

reader50
Administrator
Mar 9, 2013, 04:50 PM

Perhaps the one about the mule that smoked some of his smuggled plastique. He got very "high" before it was over.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Someone purportedly having half a million in powder stuffed up their bum?
You know what they say... half a million in hand is worth two keys in the butt.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 06:00 PM

That's a mighty large butt.
- Thomas Paine

cgc
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2013, 07:53 AM

You ever watch Locked Up Abroad (I think it's a National Geographic channel show)? Of course they're only showing people who get caught but it amazes me how clever the smugglers are but the Customs and/or law enforcement people seem to be one step ahead. Interesting game of cat and mouse...
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2013, 08:37 AM

Thats a picture they paint on purpose to discourage people. Of course the truth is that they have no idea how many don't get caught and given how easy it is to score drugs in any city in the world, its safe to assume that an awful lot is getting through.

Since when is plastique slang for coke? I always thought it referred to plastic explosives.

$150 a gram sounds pretty high to me as a base rate. In this country I think you pay £30 for very poor quality stuff up to £80 for good stuff or crap stuff in London if you look like an idiot to the seller. That would top out at ~$120 a gram so if you factor in a bulk discount then maybe the uncut stuff would be more like $150. Its going to depend massively on where in the world you go and how far up the food chain you can get to buy it. If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Since when is plastique slang for coke? I always thought it referred to plastic explosives.
Oh... from way back. Try it at your next deal.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
You ever watch Locked Up Abroad (I think it's a National Geographic channel show)? Of course they're only showing people who get caught but it amazes me how clever the smugglers are but the Customs and/or law enforcement people seem to be one step ahead. Interesting game of cat and mouse...
I've found watching anything even remotely related to prison only serves to piss me off.

This show was an example. I saw it very close to my decision not to watch things like that anymore.

cgc
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I've found watching anything even remotely related to prison only serves to piss me off.

This show was an example. I saw it very close to my decision not to watch things like that anymore.
Yeah, kind of like watching Titanic, not much point cuz you know how it's going to end.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2013, 05:07 PM

Thats a picture they paint on purpose to discourage people. Of course the truth is that they have no idea how many don't get caught and given how easy it is to score drugs in any city in the world, its safe to assume that an awful lot is getting through.

$150 a gram sounds pretty high to me as a base rate. In this country I think you pay £30 for very poor quality stuff up to £80 for good stuff or crap stuff in London if you look like an idiot to the seller. That would top out at ~$120 a gram so if you factor in a bulk discount then maybe the uncut stuff would be more like $150. Its going to depend massively on where in the world you go and how far up the food chain you can get to buy it. If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.
From what I understand, so little has a high % of purity that real blow is very expensive. Now it's normally being cut by 50% before it even leaves the CoO.
- Thomas Paine

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2013, 06:28 PM

In logistical terms, it would make sense not to cut it until its much nearer its target market. Smaller volume to sneak around with.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2013, 01:57 AM

I'd love to see an updated copy of http://www.unodc.org/pdf/WDR_2006/wd...p5_cocaine.pdf

The price really dropped in 1999. I wonder if there was a similar drop in 2008.

If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.
You're at least an order of magnitude high. 90% purity in Colombia was $1700 in 2004 and I doubt it's gone up that much since.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2013, 10:33 AM

I've got a Colombian friend/honorable aunt who's from a native background. Many years ago, when I was just about to make my first international move, she gave me a small carving of a local god, holding a coca leaf. The carving itself was wrapped in more coca leaves, paper and then with a piece of fabric she had woven herself.

She told me that wherever I lived, to take one leaf and put it in the corner of the house, then sprinkle it with a little bit of alcohol. This would drive any bad spirits away. The god was to be placed, in its bed of leaves and tightly wrapped, in the middle of the home so he could protect it. She told me that the mothers of her people would give a carving like this to their sons when they became men.

The leaves have long turned to dust, but the carving, in its bed of crumbling paper and wrapped in the fabric she wove, still lives in my house and always will.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 11, 2013, 01:28 PM

Well that story did not end the way I was expecting
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 11, 2013, 02:39 PM

Somehow, I expected the carving to be hollow. Followed by breakin attempts at your home. Or advice to break the statue if life had beaten you down.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 11, 2013, 04:50 PM

Only to find some C4.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2013, 04:56 PM

If the story had ended the way you guys were expecting it I don't think I would have shared it here.

Bozo the Parolee
Banned
Mar 15, 2013, 01:09 PM

It's all about heroin now it seems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules