Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Georg W. Bush jr

Georg W. Bush jr
MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
May 23, 2001, 08:01 AM

hes the guy who sat next to you in school and copyed your work but you did care because you thought he will never be presadent

voodoo
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2001, 08:07 AM

Oh, don't get me started on W. Jr.

He's the daddy's boy who got everything and did nothing. Nothing creative, nothing interesting, nothing amusing and certainly nothing that lasted.

I fell a bit sorry for the US. Your status in the world has already fallen considerably. The oomph is gone.

Webster's dictionary on oomph.

oomph (mf)
n. Slang

1. Spirited vigor: �There is not much oomph in the economy, but there is nothing seriously pushing it down� (Murray L. Weidenbaum).

2. Physical or sexual attractiveness.

------------------
\ / ( ) ( ) | ) ( ) ( )
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

PBG4 User
Senior User
May 23, 2001, 08:15 AM

Dubya was just at Yale 2 days ago, giving the commencement speech.
The quote that stuck out from that speech was "And to all the C students here; you too can be president".

It's hard to believe that Dubya is a Yale graduate, even at the "C" level.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2001, 08:25 AM

I couldn't even get into a state college with Dubya's grades. Much less Yale.

I will hide any and all history of past drug use. Because that is enough to lose the ability to get a Federal Student Loan now that Bush has chosen to demand that applicants get rejected for their youthful indescretions.

I've already made a note to desert my post if I ever get drafted.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 08:36 AM

It's amazing how far you can go if your father is George Bush.

------------------
Robert Accettura
Owner/Webmaster of

MinM
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 11:18 AM

Who is George W. Bush Jr.? Does our President have a son I didn't know about?

If you're talking about Geroge W. Bush, son of George H.W. Bush, then I think he's doing a fine job as President. He's lowering taxes, working on privatizing social security, building a missle defense shield, and generally getting more done in his first 100 days than Clinton got done in eight years!

parallax
Admin Emeritus
May 23, 2001, 11:29 AM

Haha! Pretty funny, MinM.

Welcome to the fora.
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain" (Schiller)

ericwass
Mac Enthusiast
May 23, 2001, 11:34 AM

MacManMikeOSX,
While I agree with your sentiments about Bush (more than you know), you don't have a lot of ground to stand on when you misspell "President" and "copied". Seriously, folks, the spelling around here is atrocious. I mean, you should know how anyway - but there's even a spell check button at the bottom. It's embarassing.
"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 11:38 AM

First of all, the first President Bush was George Herbert Walker Bush, the current is George Walker Bush. Not Junior. Just a technical point.

Secondly, many of the people who are calling him a daddy's boy who "got C's" and needed to copy your work (by the way, it's COPIED not COPYED - use the spell check!) are people who just wanted Gore as President.

Let me make this clear. George W. Bush, no matter how influential his father BECAME, graduated Yale and Harvard B-School. You don't just get into Harvard B-School because your dad has influence. Keep in mind his father wasn't even head of the CIA until well after he left college! George H.W. didn't become VP or President until the 80s.

If you compare the education of Bush versus that of Gore, Bush comes out ahead. When it comes to Dad's influence, Gore's father got him his first job as a journalist. Gore's father's NAME got him elected to his first public office, then as a Senator. Then he became VP.

When it comes down to it, I heard this quote somewhere that really hit the spot. "Both Bush and Gore were born on third base and think they hit a triple."

George W. Bush is NOT a stupid man. But I don't mind it if you call him stupid. Go ahead, lower the expectations for him. Then he'll really blow people's minds.

He is much more subtle than you might think. He will probably be looked back at as a masterful politician 20 years from now. Imagine getting the Democrats to go from $0 tax cut to $1,350,000,000,000! That's a big jump for some moron who doesn't know what he's doing!

------------------
Dave Simon
----------
Windows are easily broken.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by MinM:

He's lowering taxes, working on privatizing social security, building a missle defense shield, and generally getting more done in his first 100 days than Clinton got done in eight years!
Debatable.

------------------
"I am not really an actor. I'm merely dyspeptic."

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by MinM:
Who is George W. Bush Jr.? Does our President have a son I didn't know about?

If you're talking about Geroge W. Bush, son of George H.W. Bush, then I think he's doing a fine job as President. He's lowering taxes, working on privatizing social security, building a missle defense shield, and generally getting more done in his first 100 days than Clinton got done in eight years!
Let's not forget, he bowed down to the chinese for 2wks over hostages, declared war on the environment, insulted californians for being environmentalist by siting they brought the blackouts on because of thier caring for the environment, and the last thing; pushing through a tax cut that won't benefit over 80% of Americans. Tell me is 253 dollars per American family worth losing Social Security for people already struggling? Private industries are looking at Social Security with drool dripping from their lips. They aren't there to help the people, they are there to make a profit.

He stole the election, and not he's stealing our rights.

1 term president for sure, if the's not assasinated. You know he's the 5th president right. I know everyone's heard of the curse. It will be fun to see how this pans out.

Charlie Sheen for President 2004!

It's just my humble opinion.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 11:59 AM

Quaz- I may be in agreement with you (politically), but you have to watch how you say that kind of stuff. Too much of that will get you into trouble... not to mention the question of taste...

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 12:03 PM

If that's all the rhetoric you can come up with - it's gonna be a smooth 8 years for Dubya.

In the meantime, you can always rely on Hillary and that Gephardt guy to promote your liberal agenda
*empty space*

Scott_H
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 12:11 PM

Quadzmodo is just your run of the mill flaming democrat. A lot of hot air with innuendo and no substance.

Hey are you the same Quadzmodo from AI?

[This message has been edited by Scott_H (edited 05-23-2001).]

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davesimondotcom:

Secondly, many of the people who are calling him a daddy's boy who "got C's" and needed to copy your work (by the way, it's COPIED not COPYED - use the spell check!) are people who just wanted Gore as President.

Please do not be so obtuse as to make that kind of generalization.
Also, If you don't think that a little family influence cannot get you into and then graduated from a "prestigious" educational institution, well, then, I'd say you are someone who has very little experience with the politics of education. Happens all the time.

[This message has been edited by maxelson (edited 05-23-2001).]

Nimisys
Banned
May 23, 2001, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Quadzmodo:
Let's not forget, he bowed down to the chinese for 2wks over hostages
uhh how do you say that... he managed to avoid a war, and didn't have to formaly apolgize (which would mean we were at fault, which we weren't), got the people home. wheres the bowing down?

declared war on the environment
hows that by removing some of clintons late night hasty got to get a positive legacy orders, so they can see waht the affect would be. 90% of all enviromental laws are a mess. you could easily compare it to the current tax laws.

insulted californians for being environmentalist by siting they brought the blackouts on because of thier caring for the environment, and the last thing
hey dumbass we brought them on by not building any damn powerplants. there is no such thing of a safe to build in enviroment. i know there are a few lizrds that woud love to have my house gone. Caring for the enviroment is one thing, but relgously worshipping it to the point where it prevents any further developments is crazy. you care about the damn enviroment so much, give up your house, your power, everything man made and go live in a cave.

pushing through a tax cut that won't benefit over 80% of Americans. Tell me is 253 dollars per American family worth losing Social Security for people already struggling?
at least with him i am getting a tax cut, something the democrats until Bush forced them to give in, refused to do. i want my damn money back!

also how exactly does giving back some of my own money hurt others. ITS MY DAMN MONEY! i won't see any of it in S.S anyway.

Besides that thje democrats had no problem stealing from it until 1994 when they got kicked out of congress. They caused the problem, then the republicans are responsible for it?

Private industries are looking at Social Security with drool dripping from their lips. They aren't there to help the people, they are there to make a profit.
you know charities are considered private industry, right? why not have the gov't give money for helping opthers to the companies that are directly adminersting the aid, instead of some damn organization 3k miles away?
[/QUOTE]
Once again your being a dumbass... no news organization has been able to prove he stole the election yet, despite how much they want to. Fact is Gore tryed to steal the election and failed.

also How is he stealing your rights? i haven't seen him make any bill that address the 10 admenedments at all.

Maybe if you dumbass's will remove thy head from thy ass, you'll see that the world isn't ending at all.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 12:28 PM

He stole the election
While I may think you're a cool guy Quad I do not agree with you AT ALL in the above statment. Private organizations have gone back and done what the law wouldn't allow and have counted and recounted vote after vote and every single one of them have come up with the same thing. GWB WON THE ELECTION. If anyone was going to steal the election it was going to be gore. I was watching a show about voting and they had an attourney on there that specializes in overturning elections and do you know what he said? The best way to overturn the results of an election is to recount the votes over and over again. Every time votes are recounted the margine of error goes up and the vote spread thins out. If you recount enough sooner or later the vote count will flip in your favor. What do you think gore's people were trying to do by demanding all these recounts and changing rules for chads etc.? Don't tell me that GWB stole the election... if gore hadn't conceded and had continued those recounts like he wanted to then there would have been a crook in the white house...

Mac Guru

------------------
Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:32 PM

Let's not forget, he bowed down to the chinese for 2wks over hostages, declared war on the environment, insulted californians for being environmentalist by siting they brought the blackouts on because of thier caring for the environment, and the last thing; pushing through a tax cut that won't benefit over 80% of Americans. Tell me is 253 dollars per American family worth losing Social Security for people already struggling? Private industries are looking at Social Security with drool dripping from their lips. They aren't there to help the people, they are there to make a profit.

1 term president for sure, if the's not assasinated. You know he's the 5th president right. I know everyone's heard of the curse. It will be fun to see how this pans out.

Charlie Sheen for President 2004!

How did he "Bow Down to the chinese?" He Didn't bow down at all.
How has he declared war on the environment? By bring Arsenic levels BACK to where they used to be? By Keeping the Clinton Adminstrations CO2 Standard? Standing by during the Black outs? Who created the balckouts? It was the Clinton Administration and the environmentalist wackos who didn't want to build more power plants to go along with the growth in population.

What do you mean his Tax cut which the Dems want but are delaying 80% of the people won't get. Don't give me this rich people's tax cut garbage. Bottom line they make more so they should get back more. They already pay the most taxes of all of us.

Social Security, His plan is going to allow you to opt out if you don't want to have it put in the stock market.

BTW GW BUSH DID NOT STEAL THE ELECTION USA today did a re-re-re-re-re-recount of everything including under and over votes and they said that even with all that Bush would have picked up 1600 more votes. Even the Miami Herald did a re-re-re-re-recount also and they said Bush would of won. So unless you call that stelaing the election then yes he stole the election by rightfully winning.

I think Bush is going to be one of the best Presidents we've had. He already is running rings around the Dems and they are in Shell shock and need to whine about things Bush is doing.

I thought Alec Baldwin, Rosie and Barbara Streisand were leaving the country if he won. Guess they like it here.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:34 PM

Correction: There would've been a different crook in the White House.
And the previous "dumbass" comment would've held more water if the post was checked for spelling errors. Your= possessive. You're= you are.
As for the environment: Ari Fleisher, when asked if conservation should be a priority, responded that the president "believes that Americans are accustomed to a lifestyle and we do not support changing that lifestyle." Not support conservation. Oh, Jeez. Can anyone supply me a reasonable explanation for not asking America to conserve in the face of an energy crisis which Bush himself said is imminent? Don't give me political rhetoric. Give me logic.

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 12:37 PM

"I thought Alec Baldwin, Rosie and Barbara Streisand were leaving the country if he won. Guess they like it here."

Are you sure they haven't left?

Like so much other washed-up wannabe Hollywood talent, where are they now?

I'm willing to buy them I bus ticket to Canada if they are broke and homeless from snorting cocaine.

*empty space*

yoyo52
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by davesimondotcom:

Let me make this clear. George W. Bush, no matter how influential his father BECAME, graduated Yale and Harvard B-School. You don't just get into Harvard B-School because your dad has influence. Keep in mind his father wasn't even head of the CIA until well after he left college! George H.W. didn't become VP or President until the 80s.
Ever hear of "legacy" students? It's the polite way of referring to affirmative action for the scions of the rich and powerful. All the Ivies admit legacies and the little shrub is no exception.

By the way, the usual way to put it is that one graduates from an institution. To give the verb a direct object makes it into a scientific phenomenon, as in "'I graduated the test tube in kilograms,' said Dubya."

------------------
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

[This message has been edited by yoyo52 (edited 05-23-2001).]
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by TNproud2b:
"I thought Alec Baldwin, Rosie and Barbara Streisand were leaving the country if he won. Guess they like it here."

Are you sure they haven't left?

Like so much other washed-up wannabe Hollywood talent, where are they now?

I'm willing to buy them I bus ticket to Canada if they are broke and homeless from snorting cocaine.

Not the last time I checked. I think Alec Balwin is in the new movie Pearl Harbor. How hypocritical is that.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:42 PM

Hark! What have we here? Spoken like someone who is all too familiar with the politics of Universities. Listen to the man. What yoyo says is true. Painful, but true.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 12:45 PM

Correction: There would've been a different crook in the White House.
And the previous "dumbass" comment would've held more water if the post was checked for spelling errors. Your= possessive. You're= you are.
You know, it's people like you that just bug the ever living FU** out of me! I think it's irritating that you reply to someones post NOT with a rebuttal to one of thier statements but with a spelling/grammar check issue. GET A LIFE! I hate it when people correct spelling and grammar on a message board. If you can understand what was written then they have succeeded in communicating with you...

Mac Guru

------------------
Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"

[This message has been edited by Mac Guru (edited 05-23-2001).]

tie
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 12:56 PM

Let me make this clear. George W. Bush, no matter how influential his father BECAME, graduated Yale and Harvard B-School. You don't just get into Harvard B-School because your dad has influence.
Unfortunately, this isn't true, even today. A phone call from a vip can definitely change admissions decisions, and Harvard has a pretty bad reputation regarding this sort of thing. A C is about as bad as you can get at an Ivy League.

I think it's very funny that you see missile defense as a big accomplishment of the Bush administration. Isn't it great how Cheney (the official White House decision-maker ) says that even if the missile defense system doesn't work, it will still discourage rogue nations from launching nuclear missiles at us? Right.. while launching nuclear missiles back won't discourage them, a small chance that the missile might be shot down will.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 12:57 PM

MacGuru:
People judge others every day. In a media such as this, we have the form and content as markers. I have always told my students that if they cannot take the time to really examine what they are saying in the written form, well, then, they should not bother putting it in front of an audience. Like it or not, poorly stated arguments diminish the weight of the argument.
To put it simply: if you sound like a moron when you talk, I am far more likely to dismiss your argument as bovine scatology. If you have not got the time to say it in a manner befitting your intellect, perhaps you'd ought think about not saying it. If you don't care, why should I?
Sounds like you neve learned the benefits of expository writing.
Also, the "dumbass" comments don't help you much either. They're puerile.
Have a nice day.

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2001, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by tie:
Isn't it great how Cheney (the official White House decision-maker ) says that even if the missile defense system doesn't work, it will still discourage rogue nations from launching nuclear missiles at us? Right.. while launching nuclear missiles back won't discourage them, a small chance that the missile might be shot down will.
Actually, Cheney's right. Regan's (sp?) SDI program was a pipe dream for most of it's existance, but the U.S.S.R was so afraid of it that they tried to bargin with us. When that didn't work they spent themselves into the ground trying to find a way to combat a program that didn't even work yet. In the end the Reds spent 90% of their money on their military, and a couple years later their government collapsed.

Brandon

[This message has been edited by theUpsetter (edited 05-23-2001).]

MinM
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 01:36 PM

Let's not forget, he bowed down to the chinese for 2wks over hostages
Bush didn't bow down to anyone. He handled the situation perfectly, getting te hostages back without ever apologizing.

declared war on the environment
On Clinton's last day in office, he decided to make the standard for arsenic in drinking water lower, even though the current levels were in place until June 2001. When Bush got into office, he saw what Clinton had done, and raised the levels to where they were in the first place.

insulted californians for being environmentalist by siting they brought the blackouts on because of thier caring for the environment
The Californians (namely Gov. Grey Davis) did bring the blackouts on themselves, because they had the option years ago to build more power plants and they didn't.

and the last thing; pushing through a tax cut that won't benefit over 80% of Americans.
Bush's tax cut benefits anyone who pays taxes. A large percentage of people with low incomes don't pay taxes at all, so the cut doesn't benefit them, but people in the lowest tax bracket get the biggest cut (from 15% to 10%). So don't give me this tax cut for the rich crap.

He won the election fairly, and is giving us our rights back.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 01:42 PM

Sounds like mexelson's got himself en edumukation!

Dude I could give a rats ass whether you think my comments are "puerile" or not... Oh and stop using big words to make yourself sound high and mighty... it doesn't work, you sound snobbish instead... simplicity gets the point across alot faster IMO. I don't care if I spell things wrong... in this setting I thought I could get my point across without pompous pricks telling me that I used incorrect grammar in my response...guess I was wrong.

Mac Guru

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mac Guru (edited 05-23-2001).]

pathogen
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 01:59 PM

As a Canadian, I'm not happy about the missile defense initiative, nor the movement to use protected lands for natural resources in Alaska (re: energy crisis) which must travel through Canada's protected wilderness (pipelines).

Both of these have short term effects in Canada which are good for the economy and people's livelyhoods... yet scare the bejeezus out of me for my children's lives in the future.
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
Sounds like mexelson's got himself en edumukation!

Dude I could give a rats ass whether you think my comments are "puerile" or not... Oh and stop using big words to make yourself sound high and mighty... it doesn't work, you sound snobbish instead... simplicity gets the point across alot faster IMO. I don't care if I spell things wrong... in this setting I thought I could get my point across without pompous pricks telling me that I used incorrect grammar in my response...guess I was wrong.

Mac Guru

My! What a lovely vocabulary you have! How old are you? Who's a big boy, now?
I am sorry you cannot manage to keep things civil.
Well, at least you have no trouble revealing yourself for what you are. Big words? I'm sorry. What was it that you didn't get? Argument? Diminish? Moron? I'm guessing it's the "bovine" thing that had you stumped, huh? I see you double checked the spelling of "puerile", though. Well done.
Weee! This is Fun!
You don't care for commas much either, do you? I know. Punctuation is tough to grasp.

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
Quadzmodo is just your run of the mill flaming democrat. A lot of hot air with innuendo and no substance.
Hey are you the same Quadzmodo from AI?
Yes I am. I'm the only Quadzmodo running around these parts. I'm not a flaming Democrat. I'm a pissed off liberal whom believes in a VERY strong military, DESTROYING the current welfare system and I just don't like BUSH.

I bet dollars to doughnuts that he won't win another election. His brother Jeb, is already not seeking a second term.

And for the gentleman whom warned me about people percieving my message as a threat to the President. First off, I would like to say thank you. Secondly, it's not a threat only a fact that every 5th president has either died in office, been assassinated, or had an assinsantion attempt on their life.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:11 PM

[quote]Originally posted by maxelson:

Please do not be so obtuse as to make that kind of generalization.
Also, If you don't think that a little family influence cannot get you into and then graduated from a "prestigious" educational institution, well, then, I'd say you are someone who has very little experience with the politics of education. Happens all the time.

Well, in the case of family influence, I know how far it can get you. I've been at the other end of it - when you don't get something you deserve because of someone's influence.

Notice I did not claim Bush to be a brilliant man. I was simply pointing out that I didn't think that he was a dumb as people make him out to be.

Besides, if family influence meant anything, why couldn't Senator Albert Gore, Sr. get his son through law school?

------------------
Dave Simon
----------
Windows are easily broken.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

pathogen
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 02:13 PM

alright flame baiters, I propose a solution:

post your penis measurements, and then the political party with the forum members having the longest schlongs rules the thread.

ps. I was being facetious at first, but now I'm considering the boys here all go for it... mind you, the name calling is kind of fun to watch.

[This message has been edited by pathogen (edited 05-23-2001).]
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:16 PM

Quadzmodo-
Sure- I know what you were talking about. The "Zero Year" curse. Yes. I understand. Others may not. Some people just take that stuff too seriously. One former poster to the Lounge found the Secret Service on his doorstep after making a less subtle crack (which, as we remember, was funny, and not).

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by Nimisys:
Once again your being a dumbass...

Maybe if you dumbass's will remove thy head from thy ass, you'll see that the world isn't ending at all.
[/B]
Now, why do I have to be a dumbass? I just graduated law school 8th in my class. IS everyone dumb you disagree with?

I believe the Mayan calendar is right, the world will end Dec. 12, 2013. Be ready for it.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:23 PM

I don't think you're a dumbass... but you may be over educated and therefore snobbish.

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
While I may think you're a cool guy Quad I do not agree with you AT ALL in the above statment. Private organizations have gone back and done what the law wouldn't allow and have counted and recounted vote after vote and every single one of them have come up with the same thing. GWB WON THE ELECTION. If anyone was going to steal the election it was going to be gore. I was watching a show about voting and they had an attourney on there that specializes in overturning elections and do you know what he said? The best way to overturn the results of an election is to recount the votes over and over again. Every time votes are recounted the margine of error goes up and the vote spread thins out. If you recount enough sooner or later the vote count will flip in your favor. What do you think gore's people were trying to do by demanding all these recounts and changing rules for chads etc.? Don't tell me that GWB stole the election... if gore hadn't conceded and had continued those recounts like he wanted to then there would have been a crook in the white house...
Mac Guru
Guru, I think you're a kool kat do. But I wholeheartedly believe that the election was stolen. I believe Katherine Harris should have stepped down during the matter as she chaired the Bush effort in Florida. Her direct connection to the affair left a bad taste in my mouth.

But what I truly mean by stealing the election is the fact that those ballots were confusing.. Hell, I even made the mistake on the butterfly ballot. I caught myself as soon as I was about to put my vote in the machine. I promptly went up to the voters table and asked for another ballot. I was fortunately my precint had enough, others unfortunatley didn't. I believe the 16k or 19k votes that were discarded because of this made all the difference in the world. I have no doubt that votes that were tallied favored Bush, I just wish that the votes that didn't count could have been recast.

I feel that Katherine should have called for a revote as Florida LAW states we can have in an election that's close and inconsistant.

You guys (republicans) won the election, but I seriously believe that in 2004 many, many, people whom voted for Bush will turn RINO.

Plus it doesn't help he's okay oil drilling off the coast of Florida and as you all know our beaches is what keeps this state afloat. Bad move George bad move.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 02:30 PM

Where'd you read that Jeb was not running again? I think I would have heard that somewhere. Against Reno he would win big time.

[edit: oppps wrong thread]

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
MacGuru:
People judge others every day. In a media such as this, we have the form and content as markers. I have always told my students that if they cannot take the time to really examine what they are saying in the written form, well, then, they should not bother putting it in front of an audience. Like it or not, poorly stated arguments diminish the weight of the argument.
To put it simply: if you sound like a moron when you talk, I am far more likely to dismiss your argument as bovine scatology. If you have not got the time to say it in a manner befitting your intellect, perhaps you'd ought think about not saying it. If you don't care, why should I?
Sounds like you neve learned the benefits of expository writing.
Also, the "dumbass" comments don't help you much either. They're puerile.
Have a nice day.
Do you understand where you are? You're in a forum where people of all age groups, backgrounds, and ethnicities come to discuss many topics. We do not judge each other our abilities to spell correctly only on the merit of the persons attitude and information provided. You sir, are an ass. You sir, are not fit to teach young students of any nature about how to communicate. If you did you would realize that different social settings are in place for different circumstances as in here.

Everyone speaks differently, everyone has a different writing style. Some embrace typos others like yourself detest them. If I were you, I'd drop my snobbiness or drop this forum either way it matters not to me.

MacGuru, did I mention I like you.

And if this damn this has errors: GOOD I come to these boards for knowledge and the occassional laugh to be taught. I had enough college for a lifetime.

[This message has been edited by Quadzmodo (edited 05-23-2001).]

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
Where'd you read that Jeb was not running again? I think I would have heard that somewhere. Against Reno he would win big time.

[edit: oppps wrong thread]
I believe I read that snipit in The DEMOCRAT. The Tallahassee newspaper.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:41 PM

I've been suitably spanked. Thank you sir. By crickey, I sure am glad I've got people like you two around to help me understand the lunacy of my ways. Odd. In reviewing the situation, it seems that I wasn't responding to "macguru" in the first place. Hm.
It seems you are his lawyer. On retainer or is this pro bono? Does this mean you'll be protecting the legal integrity of this great nation of ours? Jeez, I feel safer already. I'll be your legal briefs will be a real treat to read!

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
I've been suitably spanked. Thank you sir. By crickey, I sure am glad I've got people like you two around to help me understand the lunacy of my ways. Odd. In reviewing the situation, it seems that I wasn't responding to "macguru" in the first place. Hm.
It seems you are his lawyer. On retainer or is this pro bono? Does this mean you'll be protecting the legal integrity of this great nation of ours? Jeez, I feel safer already. I'll be your legal briefs will be a real treat to read!
No, unlike many of my commrads I won't be pursuing law. I choose to take something much greater on.. The educational system. I have a few words for you but, I'll save them for my upcoming post.. STAY tuned ya here!

Nimisys
Banned
May 23, 2001, 02:49 PM

Now, why do I have to be a dumbass? I just graduated law school 8th in my class. IS everyone dumb you disagree with?

I believe the Mayan calendar is right, the world will end Dec. 12, 2013. Be ready for it.
becaus of what you said earlier
being a law student (and 8th in you class as that) you should see this as a stupid comment, it has no basis what so ever, it is merely a regurigitation of the standard liberal complaints. looking around you might see that your comment has no basis and was stated blindly. Not everyone disagree with is a dumbass, hell even people i agree with are, but if you make blind comments with out any basis what so ever for them, i will cal you a dumbass.

theUpsetter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2001, 02:50 PM

I feel that Katherine should have called for a revote as Florida LAW states we can have in an election that's close and inconsistant.

I seriously doubt there could have been a re-vote. Too many people's decisions would have been tainted by the previous vote's outcome. On top of that, Gore and Bush would have to comtinue stumping in FL. FL law might mandate a revote on close local elections, but a revote on a presidential election is unconstitutional.

Bush won the election fair and square, he won the initial popular vote in Florida as well as the re-counts. Al Gore wanted keep the election going as long as he wasn't the winner, very bad form.

Brandon

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN

Education. Excellent. Ironic, but excellent. It's a good place to be. As for your reply: i'd be washing forit (to be honest, it's a welcome break from the NFN saga).

Scott_H
Professional Poster

No, unlike many of my commrads I won't be pursuing law. I choose to take something much greater on.. The educational system. I have a few words for you but, I'll save them for my upcoming post.. STAY tuned ya here!
Start a new thread on that for sure. I'd like to hear what you have to say. You going to grad school when you finish? I assume your working on a BA or BS now. (?)

pathogen
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 02:52 PM

do I need to be handing out rulers here?

tie
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by theUpsetter:
Actually, Cheney's right. Regan's (sp?) SDI program was a pipe dream for most of it's existance, but the U.S.S.R was so afraid of it that they tried to bargin with us. When that didn't work they spent themselves into the ground trying to find a way to combat a program that didn't even work yet. In the end the Reds spent 90% of their money on their military, and a couple years later their government collapsed.
Um, so your point is that North Korea is going to spend tons of money trying to build a missile defense system to match ours? So much money that they won't have any left over for building nuclear missiles? That's an interesting scenario but it doesn't seem very likely to me; maybe you and Mr Cheney would disagree.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2001, 02:59 PM

Being overeducated and/or limited to real world exposure - or lack of, usually creates a breed of Ivy League A**hole who claims to understand humanitarian issues- going to the point of wearing those god-aweful birkenstocks, then upon graduating doing nothing but contribute to problems of the world by working for huge multinational conglomerates hell bent on screwing the poorer 97% of the world.

I find this to be a fact in my personal dealings with Ivy league universities and some of the scum that materializes out of them.

Dubya is that scum, who embarked on a Ivy League education, partied (despite the fact the you can now lose all financial aid/scholarship money if caught doing such things, thanx to Dubya who pushed this into action) and barely maintained a C average. An idiot booed by the very school he graduated from - thank God there are a few smart people left at Yale.

This is our president. A freak of nature who luckily had a father as president and a hand in all things evil, finally brought to power through use of conveniently hung strings attached to Dubya's mouth, arms, legs and body, culminating in the coup d'etat of our government for the exclusive use of big business, large military contractors, and lord knows who else.

Geezus, a Hollywood screenwriter couldn't write a more twisted plot.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Forum Links
Forum Rules