Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Newbie needs help

Newbie needs help
liomyoma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2001, 01:04 AM

I'm scanning bills/credit card staments/bank staments into my powerbook and would like to save them in adobe acrobat format. How can I place more than one scan in one .pdf file. So for example if I could page through all of March's bills by pushing the forward button in adobe acrobat reader. I have only the reader and adobe photoshop LE and photoshop deluxe. Do I need the full version of adobe acrobat to do such a thing? Is there a way to get around this?

JTVD1
May 19, 2001, 06:11 PM

You will need a multi-page program that can save in Acrobat.
That could be FreeHand or even Word or AppleWorks (with the appropriate printer driver)
You need a printer driver that can create PDF files (PDF Writer, I think, there is some shareware that does that)

C-Eye
Forum Regular
May 19, 2001, 07:29 PM

I like Print to PDF http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html

You'll need to use Photoshop to create one big image with the multiple pages and experiment to get the PDF pages to break where you want them.. I'd also suggest laying out the separate pages in HTML and printing to PDF from your browser.

------------------

VRL
Senior User
May 26, 2001, 03:28 PM

Or you could get the Acrobat full version. Adobe Acrobat is one of my most used tools, and I've done (and still do) what you are attempting to do. I scan in the image, convert it to pdf (print to pdf). Then, open up Acrobat, select "Insert pages" from the Document menu, and select where I want to add the page(s). It's that simple.

Of Course, the full version of Acrobat does so much more, and buying it is well worth it (IMO).

What is lacking: I want a reliable OCR program (so I can have a searchable pdf file) ... but I've not found one that I like.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." (Kierkegaard)
"What concerns me is not the way things are, but the way people think things are." (Epictetus)

Forum Links
Forum Rules