Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Podcasts don't sequence

Podcasts don't sequence
dlind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 03:27 PM

Hello All,

Ipod Video (5th gen, early model) – 30 GB, v1.2.1

Cannot get “settings” to serialize a podcast of same subscription. Example: The Onion Radio podcast, which are under a minute in length, won’t play one after another. It just stops after one podcast. Podcasts won’t even randomize.

Am an experienced 3rd gen iPod podcast/music library user ( over 2 years) and my podcasts or playlists always either “randomized” or not depending on the “setting”.

Have tried Repeat and Random in Settings in the 5th gen iPod with no luck – can’t get my podcasts to play sequentially. Only my Playlists.

So what am I missing? The existing Forum questions, the FACs or the Apple manual are no help, so I hoped someone out there might have some advice.

Thanks & cheers,
-dave

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2007, 12:19 PM

If you will play your podcasts from within the "songs" folder, they will run in sequence. Someone somewhere else also suggested doing a Get Info on the podcast and click off "skip when shuffling" from the Options menu. Have not tried that, so don't know if it will work, but the "songs" thing does.
Mary

dlind  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2007, 04:06 PM

Thank you and that gave me an idea.

To explain, when I select from the “Music” menu (on the 5th gen iPod), I see “Artists, Songs, Albums and Podcast, Genre, etc"., in the second menu. If I select “Songs” or even “Podcasts” in that menu, if that particular podcast is serialized (i.e., The Onion), it strangely doesn’t show up in the songs selected or play sequentially in the “podcast” selection. (This is all when Settings” are set for ‘shuffle” OFF.) However, when I select “Albums” and hunt down that podcast, VOILA!, it sequentially plays.

Go figure why your “Songs” suggestion did not work. Isn’t a serialized bunch of one subscribed podcast the very same as a bunch of songs?

Thanks again for the workaround,
-dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules