Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Apps for GPS

Apps for GPS
RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Feb 18, 2015, 11:22 AM

Hello all,

I'm heading to Costa Rica for a few weeks, and was wondering about using my iPhone as a substitute for the rental car GPS unit. Will either the App Maps app or Google be sufficient, or is it worth it to splurge on say the Tom Tom app.

I do plan on buying a 30 day 300MB international plan.

Thanks

ibook_steve
Feb 18, 2015, 09:12 PM

Either of those apps would work fine, though it may be better to use Google and download ahead of time the maps you need instead of hoping you don't go over that 300 MB limit when you're out of wifi range.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

andi*pandi
Feb 19, 2015, 01:09 PM

This weekend google maps couldn't find lancaster, NH for us... we had to bring out the paper maps when it sent us to bethlehem instead.

If google can be wrong in new hampshire, they can be wrong in costa rica... whatever tech you bring, also bring nice paper maps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules