Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac G5 17" or 20"? Can't Make Up My Mind!

iMac G5 17" or 20"? Can't Make Up My Mind!
thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 01:21 AM

Hey Guys,

I can't seem to make up my mind whether I should sell my 17" iMac and buy the 20". It all started when I went to the Apple store, and I saw the 17" and the 20" side by side. Since then I think my 17" is too small and it looks cheap. What do you guys think of the pictures? Does it look too small? Should I get the 20" or just save the money ?
**************Click on the link below**********

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15929286fmGlVl

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15929279LtDcBI
( Last edited by thiagofll; Dec 4, 2005 at 01:42 AM. )

mduell
Posting Junkie
Dec 4, 2005, 01:21 AM

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2005, 01:47 AM

Yeah you were talking about this yesterday so its still obviously bothering you. If it wont break you, get the 20" Or you may continue to wish you had.

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 01:56 AM

LOL It is...I don't know why, but it has been bothering me, so I decided to open a thread...Before I bought the iMac I had a Sony Vaio FS660 15.4 widescreen display. When I bought the 17 inch it looked big compared to the laptop I had...Now I decided to go to the apple store and since then I find my 17inch too small....I need a reality check LOL...I really didn't want to spend $400 right now since I just spent 5k on my home theater system, but if it looks bad I will fork the money and buy the 20 inch...I am like that though, I guess I get bored of things quick
( Last edited by thiagofll; Dec 4, 2005 at 02:02 AM. )

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2005, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by thiagofll
LOL It is...I don't know why, but it has been bothering me, so I decided to open a thread...Before I bought the iMac I had a Sony Vaio FS660 15.4 widescreen display. When I bought the 17 inch it looked big compared to the laptop I had...Now I decided to go to the apple store and since then I find my 17inch too small....I need a reality check LOL...I really didn't want to spend $400 right now since I just spent 5k on my home theater system, but if it looks bad I will fork the money and buy the 20 inch

Ok...now when you go to the apple store to buy the 20". For the love of God don't look at the 23" or 30" displays. LOL

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 02:03 AM

LOL I love the 23 and the 30 inch displays LOL but the price kind of keeps me away from them

ghettochild
Dec 4, 2005, 06:46 AM

Hey Guys,

I can't seem to make up my mind whether I should sell my 17" iMac and buy the 20". It all started when I went to the Apple store, and I saw the 17" and the 20" side by side. Since then I think my 17" is too small and it looks cheap. What do you guys think of the pictures? Does it look too small? Should I get the 20" or just save the money ?
**************Click on the link below**********

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15929286fmGlVl

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15929279LtDcBI
how old are you? 10? 17" looks what? cheap?! yea, get a 20" and a life...pathetic..
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 11:10 AM

Dude, Why the rude reply? Trying to be cool? It doesn't matter if I am 10, 20, 30 or 40, if I posted a thread is because I want people's opinion....And by the way I have a life, which it doesn't seem like you do right " THUG CHILD" ? GANGSTA!
( Last edited by thiagofll; Dec 4, 2005 at 11:22 AM. )

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2005, 12:00 PM

Get the 20" You can make more money later. You can't make a 17" bigger without starting over.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 12:04 PM

Eriamjh: Thanks for the reply....You have a point there, it seems like people usually look to buy the 20".

volcano
Senior User
Dec 5, 2005, 01:14 AM

I was having the same dilemma earlier this year when I was about to purchase my iMac. Unlike your specific case, I had my dilemma prior to purchasing my Mac It would have been a hassle to return mine anyway - I built it online with a 400GB hard-drive. Anyway, as you can see below, I opt'd for the 20" screen - and now I can't imagine working on a screen any smaller than this.

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2005, 06:58 PM

I bought the 20". I decided to keep both, until I find someone to buy my 17".....

ghettochild
Dec 5, 2005, 07:15 PM

Dude, Why the rude reply? Trying to be cool? It doesn't matter if I am 10, 20, 30 or 40, if I posted a thread is because I want people's opinion....And by the way I have a life, which it doesn't seem like you do right " THUG CHILD" ? GANGSTA!

so much for having a life. never mind. have fun w/ your life and you iMac collection.
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2005, 07:19 PM

THUG CHILD: Thanks for the sarcastic reply...Did you get hurt, when I said I didn't like the 17" bc u have one? I'm sorry LOL
I am not planning on having an " iMac Collection", I will eventually find someone to buy my 17", maybe u should consider it and make a dual monitor?

irus
Forum Regular
Dec 5, 2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by ghettochild
How do they arrive with 11.17 posts per day figure? last time i checked, 33 divided by 3 is 11.

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 5, 2005, 09:00 PM

THUG CHILD: Thanks for the sarcastic reply...Did you get hurt, when I said I didn't like the 17" bc u have one? I'm sorry LOL
I am not planning on having an " iMac Collection", I will eventually find someone to buy my 17", maybe u should consider it and make a dual monitor?

Hey man just add the troll to your ignore list and poof it will hide his posts. I know I did.
iMac G5 20" 2.1 GHz Power Mac G4 Cube 450 MHz
my .mac

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2005, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jjlannoo
Hey man just add the troll to your ignore list and poof it will hide his posts. I know I did.
How do I do that?

Forum Links
Forum Rules