Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > .AVI to .WMV Rec.'s

.AVI to .WMV Rec.'s
bdwhite
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2006, 02:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but they appear active, which is what I've been looking for.

Quick question for those Video Editing junkies...

My company uses some parts of captured video/audio in a Powerpoint presentation format. I have been fighting them to move away from Premiere Pro, and accept either FCP or Avid as the main video editing software suite. The last sticking point is that anything I capture may end up being used in Powerpoint, which means it has to be .wmv, as opposed to the .avi format when I capture....

So any GREAT testimonials or reccommendations I can make to seal the deal?

Thanks all,
Anthony

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 05:46 PM

You should be able to use MPEG's in Power Point. Final cut exports as MPEG thru Compressor. this program http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ to convert avi's to MPEG. I use it all the time and its a great program.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

bdwhite  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2006, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by stevesnj
You should be able to use MPEG's in Power Point. Final cut exports as MPEG thru Compressor. this program http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ to convert avi's to MPEG. I use it all the time and its a great program.
I may have misworded it, but I'm looking for avi to wmv/wma conversion.I'm not sure the exact reason for the request, but I'm just going by what my company requests.

That link is good though, I can always use all the info I can get, so thanks a bunch.

Forum Links
Forum Rules