Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Problem with Notes on iPod Classic

Problem with Notes on iPod Classic
Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 31, 2007, 02:39 AM

So I decided to study the language of a country I'll visit and found an interesting mini-dictionary set up in an iPod Notes format. The fancy thing came with audio and links set up so that you can click the word in the foreign language and it plays. The problem is, it always jumps to the "Now Playing" screen for like 3 seconds then jumps back. It's annoying and when trying to read phrases, I'd rather it stayed. So I found the setting NowPlaying which you are supposed to set with:

<meta name="NowPlaying" content="false">

This should turn off the "now playing" screen. I put it directly in the Notes file, I put it in the Preferences.txt file, and both places just cause the link to do nothing. I click and nothing happens. Just changing the word to "true" and it plays the audio again but of course, jumps to the "Now Playing" screen. I've tried searching everywhere and can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or what. But when it's set to "false" it does nothing. The link is still there, but clicking on it has no result.

Troubleshooting thus far: I've tried <errors> and it says there are none. I've tried <showpreferences> and it is indeed set to "false" (and "true" when I set it back). The links work when it's set to "true" (but show the now playing screen) and do nothing when set to "false". Thoughts?

Anyone had this problem and figured it out? This is supposed to be easy...

Oh, I have an iPod Classic 80GB.

Forum Links
Forum Rules